Fitting a 3rd party headunit with screen?

Primea2

Hay guys, this is one for you audiomasters. Im looking at either a Kenwood - KVT-627DVD or a Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD. Im tempted by the Pioneer as its a single DIN slot as apose to the Kenwood with 2 seperate units. I think they are pritty evenly matched apart from the screen on the Pioneer is .5 inches smaller. Also, would the single DIN Pioneer be easy to fit myself?I need the face plate adaption and some sort of cable plug for uk conversion dont I? What are you opinions guys? All replies are appreciated!

PS - im waiting for a Sunny day to take some picks of my A2se with the a8 style alloys and Pirreli p9000 :) will submit them soon

PPS - Im reluctant im relucatant to fit a poorer quality facial adapter...theres so many on ebay which one matches best? can anyone recomend a brand?Any of your A2s with the custom facial would be apreciated ! Thanks.
Greg

Last edited:
If you're reluctant to fit a poor quality face-plate adapter, why not fit the genuine Audi one?

Yes, there is one available, part number 8Z0 051 459 5PR. From memory, it's actually cheaper than the Halfords one as well!

Can't be bad.

Mike

Official Audi FacePlate?

Thanks alot Skipton. Would I just strole into my local Audi garage and order up and the facia then? (quoting part no. of course) I seem to get the impresion that the A2 face plate is similar to the TT?maybe they will have one in stock already? I'm alittle confused as to why Audi would supply a facia pannel for a 3rd party system?whats the deal? I'm going to buy the head unit tomorrow!

Yes, you can just walk in and order it. Chances are that it won't be in stock and no, it's not the same as the TT, the 8Z0 prefix means that it is a uniquely A2 part.

Audi actually supply Sony and Blaupunkt radios in certain markets, and I have part numbers for these too. So, it's not surprising that they make a part which converts their non-standard opening size to a standard one.

Arrhaar

Mystery solved!Cheer Skip. I'll order it today. Thanks again!
Greg

**Update - Rang Liecestershire Audi spoke to a parts guy, quoted the No. Skip gave me and he says I can pick it up tomorrow when I take my A2 in to be looked @ for excessive wind noise from the front passenger door?

Last edited:
Back