Fitting Rear Shocker cover help!

Birdfish

Hi Guy's,

Question is with reference to the photo of the Shocker cover;

Does the black plastic cover go above or below the white rubber bump stop line where I've indicated?

P1030703.jpg

I just pressed it on to the rubber on the 'below' position but, it's dropped off so I'm wondering if it's meant to go above this line and thin rubber ring, there is no instructions in the pack.

Just fitted a couple of uprated KYB SR rear shockers and standard springs and what a difference, amazing - never thought that it would make such an increase in handling with such a small change, can't wait to get the front ones done now. I do reckon the rear springs and dampers were weak they've got to be after 11years of use.

Thank you

Doug

Hi,

If you count down from the top of the cream buffer four of the bulges then the top of the black plastic pipe sits on top of the fifth bulge (only four bulges should be visible when fitted correctly), if that makes sense. So in effect it would be above your marker almost level with your top blue arrow. From the photo there looks to be a sort of ring around the top of the fifth bulge and the top of the black pipe its sits on top of that. Its a push fit and you will feel it "click" into place.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Back