Flasher unit

G

gmac

The indicators on my A2 have failed, staying on constantly when turned on. Does anyone know where the flasher unit is located?

Hi gmac
Welcome to the A2oc
The flasher relay is 'burried' in the centre dash area,behind the radio. On my car, with Symphony radio and climate control, I think the radio, climate control panel and ashtray would need to be removed for easy access to the relay. If you are planning to do the job yourself I recommend you get the workshop manual DVD's, available from one of our members, Skipton01.
Let us know how you get on

Cheers Spike

Had mine go last year had it replaced under warranty> I am assuming no bulb has actually gone causing the problem

Hay

I have just had the same problem on my A2! I have posted on this. I knew it was a relay and yes spike is right its behind the radio unit, its like a little black magasine. Audi tech guy did it in 5 min's no joke. Yet was quoted by Audi dealers John Fox a 2hr job at I suspect Audi labour rate....if your under warrenty call roadside! or do it yourself with alittle care!
Greg

Had mine replaced under warranty, the audi guy came to the office to do it, had to go back for a relay! would have thought the symptons I gave them might have been a clue as to what had broke, he managed to break the fixing brackets to the climate panel so chack after they have finished (got the climate panel replaced under warranty)

If you have a tow bar, please note its a different unit.. its in the same place but its a different unit

Back