Flashing Glow Plug Warning

audia21991

It seems I've been struck down by the dreaded flashing glow plug warning light in my TDI 75. Just like other threads I've read it comes for a few minutes before going off again at any speed, temperature etc. Theres no difference in performance either.
Southend Audi quoted £413.60 for a basic service so I would prefer to just perform a full diagnostic and pin point the problem. Is there any owners club members who would be kind enough to diagnose my car in the Essex area? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Edd.

glow plugs

i hd similar with poor cold starting i only had one changed and then when the prob came back i changed all three for genuine audi at £13 a piece this fisxed it for me and now i ahve no glow plug problem. Must admit though i thought it highly unusual for glow plugs to give up the ghost at 50k miles and went through a series of faffing about before i just did what it said on the engine warning light and changed them
Try this and then look elsewhere
Paul

Turns out it was a faulty brake switch or something along those lines, had full diagnostics + got the tracking done and came to £120. But then last night the warning light came back on!!! Car seems to pull to the right under breaking so I guess its the same problem :( Will call them up today :(

flash flash flash

Whoa - I got this flashing glow plug thing today - about 10mins after starting the car (which started fine) and it flashed for about 5mins before stopping. Car ran fine whilst flashing.

Do I assume this is the brake light switch or is it actually a duff glow plug (although it started fine and it was 3C outside this morning)? How can I check? Car has done 96k, service not due for another 6k. I've also lost (argh!) my error code reader...

Last edited:
Me too!

Hi all, wife has now reported that she has had the glow plug light on twice now while driving (coil light?). It does not seem to be accompanied by the car misbehaving. Anyone have any ideas on a course of action?

Thanks

Paul

Anyone with VAGCOM near Canterbury or Kent even? Would like to get this sorted in case it is something serious. Thanks Paul

Back