Fog Lamp Bulb Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipton01

Admin Team
Hi chaps & chapesses,
Is there anyone out there who knows the steps to replacing the front fog light bulbs? I've had a look but there is nothing obviously saying 'unscrew me to gain access'.[37]

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)

Found it! On further investigation, you have to prise the plastic cover away, to reveal two screws, which you can then unscrew to release the lamp from the car. If anyone wants, I'll put a guide up at some point.[25]

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!) Soon to be TDi 90 Sport with the full monty and red leather!

Skipton01

Yes please, a guide would be good. We can get a database running on these things.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Skipton01, if you could whip up a brief guide, that would be great as it's not something that's been documented - if you visit the 'Fitting Guides' section within 'Downloads' of www.a2oc.net there's a template that you can download and then if you email me the finished version, I'll upload it to the guides sections.

Thanks,

Stuart.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

I've just mailed Stuart the guide, so it should be up on the Owners Club site shortly.[25]

A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!) Soon to be TDi 90 Sport with the full monty and red leather!

If you didnt opt for the fog lights when you ordered the car is there a way of getting them like after market version?
has anyone done this, how easy is it to fit/wiring etc.
And any idea of cost?

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

VAG Parts sells an after-market kit for the A2, which costs about £170+VAT. How easy it is to fit I can't say, but as long as your light knob in the dash has the relevant switch in place, I wouldn't have thought it was such a problem. Why not follow the guide when it's up to assess the job before you order the kit?

You will have to replace the interior light switch to include front fogs.

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back