Foglights

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevet110

Hello everyone,

I too will soon be the proud owner of a new A2 but have one question for you guys.

My A2 doesn't have the front fog lights fitted. The dealer told me it's not possible to fit them unless they're fitted at factory. Apparently the wiring loom isn't there for it?? Surely this isn't true, is it? They don't do all the wiring just for when one person wants to have fog lights fitted???

If it is possible does anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks in advance.

Look under the Archive of Exterior Discussions on page 2 there is a strand called Fog Lamps, not good news I'm afraid.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

The lightswitch in the car is different if the car is equipped with front fogs. If the car isn't frontfogged then the switch can only be pulled once, to switch on the rear fog. If the car is frontfogged then the switch can be pulled twice.
I can imagine that the wiring loom isn't suitable for front fogs but that can be sorted with some wires. But it woudl involve fittimg a different switch, fitting a relais and some wiring.

Good luck !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

stevet110 - welcome to the forum!

Some advice: If it seems feasible to fit fog lamps, then I suggest finding out all the part numbers you need and contact VAG Parts (http://www.vagparts.com/) - they will probably be able to get all the Audi parts for at a better rate than if you go through Audi.

Join the A2 Owners Club if you haven't done so already and ask for Martyn at VAG parts to get a further discount!

Stuart.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Here's prices in Euros (add 16%VAT) if you fancy a trip to Germany to get them fitted at a dealer:

Foglights 178,00 €
Light switch 61,00 €
built in 175,00 €

For further questions please send an e-mail to
[email protected]
or call 0049 5151 23055 and ask for Mr Torsten Balz.

Kind regards
Torsten Balz
Hild & Comp. GmbH

enjoy!

Lukas

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

Thanks for all the info guys.

Will get in contact once the car has been delivered.

Once again very much appreciated!!!

Hello again,

I've had no luck getting in contact with the gentleman in Germany. Does anyone else know how I can get hold of the lights / switch?

If anyone knows the necessary part numbers that would also be greatly appreciated.

Please help :(

Hello again,

Can anyone tell me whether the wiring loom for the front foglights is already installed for those cars that don't have front fogs factory fitted?

Many thanks.

Stevet110,

Had the same question, but the answer was: No, the right wiring loom ism't there. That's what my delaer told me. I decided not to fit the foglights because of the costs.

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive - Cobalt Blue Metallic - JVC KD-SH99RB CD/MP3/Tuner

Hi,

I’m still looking for a definite answer on the wiring loom. I spoke to Martyn from VAG and he’s not sure but said A3’s from a certain date onwards had the looms fitted as standard. Could it be the same for A2’s??

Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not??

The reason I ask is because I got the same reply from my dealer, who also happened to be a bit unhelpful about everything else. I say this with some scepticism because he told me the lights and switch alone would cost me £600, when I’ve found them (genuine Audi parts) for about £200!! What I found strange is that apparently no one from Audi UK could tell the dealer whether it is fitted or not. Do they not have schematics, diagrams…..?

Sorry for my persistence with this but as you can all see I’m determined to get those fog lights. [:p]

Cheers!!!

Hi everyone,

I've just got delivery of my new A2 1.6 FSI Sport :). Anyway just to let you know I've ordered the foglights and switch. I will email the pics in and let you know how successful or unsuccesful the installation is. Will keep you updated.

Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back