Folding Mirrors? is this possible?.....

That is just the switch to adjust the mirrors (you already have one of these), there is no "fold in" conversion available for the A2.

Sorry
Steve B

That is just the switch to adjust the mirrors (you already have one of these), there is no "fold in" conversion available for the A2.

Sorry
Steve B
Darn, thought it was a bit out there to have this as a special conversion, cheers Steve.

Mind you, even some A2 owners are not even aware that you can manually fold them in, especially since they can be very stiff if not used.

The advert did seem to indicate that it was for folding mirrors, but not on an A2

Steve B

If anyone can do it you can, but they are so stiff that it would have to be quite a motor to pull them in and out, on most A2s you have to be brutal almost just to push them in.

I suppose the complete mirror system from a later model Audi might be the only viable option.

Steve B

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I ever folded the mirrors in on an A2? That is probably why they often break off when you eventually try it.

So yes, it would be a nice mod to be able to consider, but would I use it, probably not (but that has never stopped me wanting mods in the past)

Steve B

The A2 is very narrow... Thus folding mirrors are less appealing than on a big SUV .
But that's an extra feature though ;)

Back