Footrest for right foot (RHD vehicles)

Pummy

Searching using the term "footrest" shows no information on the footrest availability for the right foot. Has anyone got any tips or part numbers from the European cars which may allow us RHD owners to get a proper footrest for both feet?

i tend to cross my legs on the intercontinental stuff in northern Europe where the next stop is going to be for fuel in 250km time....same in France.

Bret

I was thinking about there being some sort of panel that you can fit instead of the big bulge that is there at the moment. Mike mentioned something to me about it when I was up North a few weekends ago and I only just remembered it was one of the things to do.

I'd use extreme caution in replacing the 'big bulge' as this is likely to see you with a Reliant Rialto version of the A2; it's the front right wheel behind there :D

I think the OP may mean the plastic trim on the sill next to the accelarator pedal that is removable and pretty much no use for any reason I can think of. Skipton spoke of this when I bought Ada, and I removed it pending the fitment of a sill panel from a LHD car. This gives you more room for your feet and is a real benefit in comfort when you have cruise control. A question I asked was ' is there carpet behind there?' - and there is!
It's a very worthwhile and cheap mod, the new panel is about £18, although you don't really need to change - the original sill panel is just left with a couple of small press stud holes where the 'bulge' used to fit. (Hence the need to order a LHD car part without the holes.)

We're in France at the moment and with the Volvo, not the A2, but would have posted pictures otherwise. I followed Skipton's advice and ordered the sill trim from a LHD car from the dealer. Cost was about £18 as Murdo says and it leaves the carpet clad wheel arch to rest your foot on. It works pretty well and was well worth the money IMO. It has proved its worth on the two occasions we have driven the length of Britain in the A2.

Iain

So the next question is how to be able to order a LHD part. And would I be too much like Oliver to ask for a part number? :)

So the next question is how to be able to order a LHD part. And would I be too much like Oliver to ask for a part number? :)

Your Audi dealer can order LHD parts no problem. You could also look up the part nos yourself using Vagcat - http://www.vagcat.com/epc/
Its likely there is more than one trim colour option so check before ordering. If you'r not sure, Audi can do this for your original panel using the chassis number

Cheers Spike

colour option codes are all listed in Wikipedia along with the colour names.

A LHD-specific part starts with 8Z1, a RHD specific one with 8Z2.

Bret

Ok, part numbers taken care of by Spike et al. Ada has been abandoned in a car park after too many G&T's at a wedding last night (Fi not Ada!) so the first pic is of another car. The plastic trim immediately right of the accelarator pedal can be removed from the main sill panel with a firm pull. Theres carpet behind it and it will essentially look the same as the passenger side now - hence more room for your clod hoppers. Theres 3 holes in the remaining panel, and as aforementioned, around £18 buys you a new sill panel which is generally a good investment as they do get pretty scuffed up over time. Hope that sorts the confusion?

Edit - Ada home now so added a second pic of ours with the 'LHD' panel fitted - the only (minute) downside to this is the mat doesnt quite fit anymore as its sculpted for the 'bulge' :)

Last edited:
Guys, I did this mod and have some photos that would be of use..

Before...
51c9e45e.jpg

After...
77fbf9f5.jpg

Points on the panel that you will need to "pull" to remove...
925f5d72.jpg

Hope that helps someone if they are attempting it and can see the benefits.

Well, that's one way of doing it!

The more 'subtle' way is to get the LHD version of that trim panel - it doesn't have the hump and it doesn't have holes.

Cheers,

Mike

Right side foot rest.

Hi all, i do like the sound of this mod, but i'm no good with part numbers so; can anyone let me know the left-hand part no,+ the colour code for 'beige' i would be grateful to any one who can provide this info, then i can go ahead and order same, as most people know i am a mk 2/Victor Meldrew person, Thanks,ALAN.
PS, thats my excuse anyway!!.

Mike mentioned this option to me when he fitted the cruise to humpy.
There is another option for those who may want to save the money on a LHD cover - they are called "christmas tree clips" and plug the holes very well!

Plastic push studs with finned pins available in black and down there they are not even noticed - and look very OE.
Can be bought from any motor spares outlet - and only a few pennies ;)

Blue skies

Tony

Back