Footwell Mats

• Thread starter philhusbands
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philhusbands

Hi Everyone!

Just a quickie. Can anyone tell me what kind of footwell mats are supplied as standard on 2003 TDi Sports model please?

I'm due to pick up my used A2 from the Audi dealership on Friday, 3 days later than promised. If I find it has rubber mats then I wanna try to screw 'em down on the price of some decent carpet mats. Or, if new sport models have carpet mats as standard, insist that they supply them FOC!

Does anyone know how much I can expect to pay for Audi mats? I cant find them anywhere on the Audi UK site...

Cheers!

Phil. Anxiously awaiting collection of a TDi Sport with Climate and OpenSky...

Phil - Martyn sells them, have a look or contact www.vagparts.com
If you buy from him, remember to use your membership no. to get the club discount.

I bought a set of rear mats from him about a year ago (can't remember exact price)...still haven't worked out how to open the packaging so they are sitting unused in my garage!!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | A2OC Forum | Join the A2OC!

Hi Phil,

Bad news, the Sport does not come with any mats. I had an SE before my Sport so I kept the carpet mats. I bought Audi rubber mats for the front footwells for the winter which were just over £20 for the pair, I got the members discount so got them for just under £20.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I had the Audi carpet mats-not overly impressed with the quality. Not very thick and even with my short time of ownership they showed signs of wearing through (I don't wear high heels!).

I've always had a good set of Canon carpet/rubber in my cars.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Thanks for the replies guys.

Hmm, it sounds like I'm gonna have to get some mats for sure then, and from what you say runboy, I dont wanna go for the Audi ones...

I had a look on the vagparts site before, but could not see any mats. I still cant find 'em on there, so I've sent them an email. (Thanks for the pointer Stuart!)

It looks like I may have to have a bit of a shop around. Any recommendations anyone? Has anybody experienced a particularly satisfactory set of mats? I have seen some on the ABT site, but they seem a bit 'top-end' going on the price!

Jeez! I never thought I could get this fussy over carpet! Who wants to give odds on the Audi dealership giving me some for nuffin...?

Philhusbands, recommendation, yes go to Costco, very good quality, less than half the price of Halfords (for example).

[2]
I concur with Runboy. The standard fit SE mats are VERY thin and the heel pressure from driving wears them extremely expeditiously.
[20]

Your mind is best used like a parachute - OPEN
Soon to be ex-A2 owner

Thanks for the continued help everyone!

The posts here have convinced me that I'm going to find that the Audi mats are a bit pants. Thanks for checking out the brochure Mal2000, where the heck did you find that?! I must be losing my surfing skills, all I could find on the Audi UK site is 'merchandise', like keyrings 'n stuff...

I'm waiting to hear back from vagparts, but I have found some mats tailored for the A2 at other sites for around £55, so Audi will have to give me a cracking price for me to go for their 'thin ones'! hollyrescue, is Costco a cash 'n carry type place?

Nighty night...

Audi gave me a free set of rubber mats following various screw ups. They look pretty good. As a result I have a full set of light grey carpet mats (which came with my SE) still in the original packaging. Make me an offer!

Ooh! I may have those off you Mark depending on what I get out of Audi on Friday when I pick up the car...
Do you have any idea how much you want for 'em? Bear in mind some peeps in this topic think the Audi ones are a bit short-wearing...! :))

Let's talk after you get the car.
My experience of getting my new TDi 90 SE on Monday was not great
- the interior was the wrong colour
- the back numberplate fell off and still rattles (easy to fix, just need more sticky pads)
- the floor mats were still in the boot in their plastic bags, not on the floor
- not very well valeted
My advice would be, look the car over and CHECK THE SPEC before you hand over the cash.
Audi did the right thing and apologised and compensated me (a free service) but caveat emptor I say.
Great car however, goes like stink and very quiet
Enjoy

Thanks for the cautionary Mark. My Audi dealer has fumbled the ball a tad already, what with the late delivery and losing faxes etc... Nothing major at all, but enough to bring up when trying to squeeze some extras out of them perhaps!

In any case, Audi HAS to be better than the bucket full of a-holes that are Citroen, who I am walking away from. Sorry, this is going [14]!

I'll drop you a line when I have the car, however I cant see any contact details under your profile! Perhaps you can send me an email so that I may reply post-Friday?

Cheers!

Sure thing, will do! Roll on Friday...

Phil - I got A letter in from my local Audi dealer yesterday, and thats where I got the price from.

Slightly off topic - for anyone in Scotland wishing to get the Audi bodykit for the A2, Lomond Audi are doing it for £1250 (I would assume that includes fitting+painting)

[2002] | 1.4 | azure blue | 2 tone leather | concert II single cd.
Member of A2OC site.
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk12.htm

Philhusbands, yes Costco is a cash and carry type place. Hundreds of branches all over the world, increasing number in the UK, In the phone book they are listed as Price Costco,that wil give you an address, you'll get no sense from them over the phone though.

[3]
That's 'cos they are American.
Profits in CostCo are due to fall over the next year as you will need a Visa issued in Grosvenor Square to enter one of their stores.
[20]
Or a biometric ID card![2]

Can't complain - we use biometrics at work all the time.

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Soon to be ex-A2 owner - but nevertheless extremely satisfied with my experience

Ha! Good one maersk. Thanks hollyrescue, I dont think I'll be able to shop in Costco, I'm none of the things that their website says you need to be to shop there...

Thanks also Mal2002, I felt a right pillock when I later found the A2 price list on the Audi UK site. Curiously enough, it was behind a link called 'Price List'. I R [26]!

I'll let you all know if I manage to get any freebie mats (or anything else) out of my Audi dealer tomorrow...

Phil. Taking delivery of a TDi Sport with Climate and OpenSky... Tomorrow morning!

Picked my A2 up yesterday (see my War & Peace effort in 'General Discussions'!) and e' voila, a free set of mats from my dealer! OK, thin Audi ones, but free nonetheless! Result. [23]

Sorry Mark, I wont be able to deal with you on your set of mats! Many thanks for the offer though, much appreciated!

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back