For all German A2 drivers ist in Deutsch 2 treffen

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

For those who don't speak very good German....the following is about the Feb. A2 Meeting in England:

Hallo an alle!!!!

Ich würde mich freuen wenn noch mehr Deutsche A2 Fahrer im Februar mit nach England kommen würden , bißher sind wir nur zu zweit und das finde ich schade, natürlich weiß ich das nur für ein Treffen am Sontag die Anreise zu lang ist. Aber man könnte ja ein langes Wochenend daraus machen wo wir dann ein bißchen England erkunden werden und das könnte doch ziemlich Lustig werden...Frauen sind auch willkommen da meine Frau (aus Ireland) auch mit kommt .Und ich denke so mehr mitkommen so billiger wird es mit der Fähre oder B&B .Also meldet Euch mal auf meine Mail ....Wir würden uns sehr freuen so mehr mit kommen würden.......
Euer Thomas
1.6.FSI

Thomas Giblin

Hi Stuart,
I just tried your babble trick on my text: you were really able to undertand it?....totally mad the way it comes out when the words are literally translated without any sense.
But you can trust me that I wouldn't ever write anything bad
Here the mad translation:
Hello to all!!!! I would be pleased if still more German a2 drivers in February also to England would come, am only too second we and find I unfortunate, naturally white I only for a meeting at the Sontag the journey too long am. But one could do a long week-ends from it to make where we a little England will then explore and that could nevertheless considerably merry become... women is my wife (from Irish country) also with comes also welcomely there Und I thinks will so more come along so more cheaply it with the ferry or B&B Also announces you times on my Mail....Wir us much would make happy more with would in such a way come....... Your Thomas 1.6.FSI

Thomas Giblin

I already signed up for the meet (I´m the other one Thomas talked about..:)

Bye, Frido.

So, nun habe ich mich gemeldet! :)

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

Frido,
danke das hat mir soooooo gut getan ....Da ich doch so sensibel bin .........Und ich dachte keiner mag mich ................

Thomas Giblin

Hallo!
Was für ein Treffen soll das denn sein?
Ich hätte gerne mehr Informationen!
Danke + Gruß,
Wolfgang

2001 A2 1.4 TDI/black/open sky,sport seats, cruise controll,16" alloys, radio symphony+bose +++

@staen:
Am 9. Februar findet in Folkestone, England, gleich an der Kanalküste das erste Treffen des Audi A2 Owners Club statt. Bis jetzt fahren Thomas und ich hin.

Also Ciao; Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

I can see that I must invest in a translation dictionary before the social meeting in Folkestone. I shall try to perfect the following statements:

1/ Have you any idea who owns that fabulous Golf PD130 in the carpark ?

2/ Would you like a good time girl for the night ?

3/ Steve, sorry Stephanie, can you come over here and meet some pleasant folks from Germany.

Ich also ich bin der Thomas rufe mich doch einfach mal unter 0203-2983158 in Duisburg stean wir beißen nicht und höhre nicht auf das meckern der Engländer hier die sind ja nur Neidisch weil wir auf der richtigen Seite fahren und mit der rechten Hand schalten können lol(meine Frau ist Irin)
Wir würden uns freuen so mehr Deutsche A2 Fahrer mitkommen , so Lustiger wird es ......
Dann werden wir die Insel mal wieder versuchen zu bezetzen hahahahah mit unseren A2 !!!!!!

So now have all a nice day

Thomas Giblin

Thomas, I attempted to translate your last post...the only two parts I got out of it were more encouragement for people to come to the social...and something about how you drive on the correct side of the road!!

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk
Have you signed up for the club social yet?

Stuart you not trust me or ???
I need to wait on my wife she want translate with in the right way ok only for you , i send you next week a letter again with big cash too helping littel bit ok !!!!
Thomas

Thomas Giblin

and John Disdale

1/ NO
2/ yes but what i tell then my wife

3/ the Krauts are comming and we are not to be stopped no more never !!!!

4/and we bring along German beer

we are looking forward too meet you all guys must be fun

Thomas Giblin

Of course we trust you! ;)

It's just very amusing using http://babelfish.altavista.com/ as the translations are so literal!

If it's not too late, please hold off sending any cash in the post to me as tonight, I will be setting up a paypal link on the social page to take online payments.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk
Have you signed up for the club social yet?

So stuart, my wife is now here and is helping me to translate the mail from earlier...

I was simply telling Staen that he can ring me in Duisburg if he needs directions to England; we are harmless , nice people, don't bite and are in fact a lot nicer than the english who don't even drive on the right side of the road.
WE will overrun and conquer England ( this time) with our cool german A2s.
We are looking forward to the trip; if you could send a list (or internet site ) where we could look up on some accomadation; that would be great.
Should we bring some proper beer ie.german for the meet??!

Thomas Giblin

Thomas,

Never under estimate the English – we can get drunk and fight in the streets very well without needing to resort to strong German beer. In terms of German’s being harmless, well that not my opinion when I can recall going into a German bar (for a quick 6 hour session), and one of the waitresses kept sitting on my knee. Heavens I had knee shake for 3 days afterwards, and my wife would not have thought it “harmless”

It does strike me that you are a little behind the times in the threat of overrunning and conquering England. Its already been done thank you very much. Thankfully though good English traditions like fighting at football matches has not been affected.

Regarding accommodation on your trip, I’m sure Stuart has been keeping an eye on a few ideas. In all honesty I have been looking around myself, but finding a room fenced off with barbed wire is not that easy because they are all fully booked.

I am aware that a good few people resident in England have ideas of stopping overnight (or over a few days), and it would be nice if everyone could stop at the same place. Personally I do not find Folkestone to be a very pleasant place, but I do know a hotel in Whitstable (about 30 minutes away) which has a bit of character with main bedroom balconies which overlook the beach and sea. Car parking is also nice when it’s immediately outside. Another place worthy of consideration for those stopping a few days might be the City of Canterbury, which has some pleasant architecture, pubs, restaurants, and of course a fabulous cathedral.

Regards
John Disdale

Hi John,

thanks for your tips about the hotels; we do have some time to have a look up until Feb. we're not actually sure how long we'll stay because we might travel across to the Emerald Isle once we're there. But we'll need at least one night.
So do you play any football at your matches then, or is it just a fight and a laugh??
Good german order prevents any fights breaking out over here; mind you not much footballing has been breaking through recently either!!
And as for the beer..we'd prefer a nice pint of Guinness to the german beer anyday.
we're lokking more and more forward to Feb.; it should be a good laugh
Thomas ( the Kraut)
Michelle ( the Paddy)

Thomas Giblin

Thomas,

To be honest I am not into football at all, but I reckon it will not be too long before they do away with the ball and just stick to a few laughs and a few fights. This at least will mean that some famous players will not have to get out of their bullet proof cars just to kick a silly ball.

Anyway I do hope your visit to England is a good laugh, because if you cannot have a laugh there is little hope of enjoying life. For the record I have only travelled on German roads (at high speed) on several occasions, but I was greatly impressed as to the driving standards in comparison to that applicable in Britain.

Regards
John Disdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back