Forgive me A2 Owners club....

doctor

....for I have sinned:eek: I had thoughts of exchanging my A2 for a Golf:eek: and had come close to a test drive:rolleyes:

but having had a drink I have got hold of my senses and realised that the Golf doesn't come anywhere near the style and quality of my A2:)

Doctor

Sorry to be contentious, but why not combine the two? After all, you can keep the comfort, space and refinement of the A2, but authentically recreate the Golf experience by making these simple mods:

1. Remove the wingmirrors. You're not going to look in them.
2. Rewire the indicator stalks so that they sound the horn.
3. Update your highway code so that it reads:
'red light = creep forwards whilst turning up stereo',
'amber light = maintain maximum revs',
'green light = squeal away'
4. Lastly, don't forget to drive a good 3 foot further out from any other traffic. Your car is so much faster than everyone elses and you deserve a better view, even if it blocks all cyclists and oncoming traffic.

Ok. So maybe I'm a tad bitter, but this stuff is observed every day on my cross town cyclo commute. Everyone knows the audi is the only german marque you'll see on our roads that isn't guaranteed to be driven by an inconsiderate fool, and the a2 is the pearl of them all.

Funny I've cycled 40 miles around London during the last two days and I can rcho your sentiments!!

Back