Forthcoming ACI Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
From Kurt Soezen: ACI coordinators including Andreas Schuett and Uwe Lueders will be coming to the UK on the 23rd to the 26th June.
They wish to combine a visit to the Goodwood Festival of Speed with a purposeful meeting between ACI and UK marque club representatives.

I note from past correspondence that after several invitations and discussions, no formal meeting has actually taken place. There was a first planning round of the ACI in Ingolstadt on 04.12.04 but no UK representatives turned up.

ACI have asked me to coordinate this next opportunity to hold discussions with UK Audi Clubs.
It is hoped that this will enable a formal coordination based on the ideals of the ACI.

The next Planning Round of the ACI will be on 29.10.2005 in Ingolstadt.

My background is Club Secretary of the DKW Owners Club: a position I held from 1971 to 1985 and founder of Audi Club of GB in 1988.

The intention is to have a meeting on the Friday 24th June 2005 around 5pm in Fareham, Hampshire.

On one level, it is important for ACI to gain some knowledge of what the clubs do, with a view to cooperating...there are always issues where a club/register or forum would like to, or find it useful to, have some level of support from Audi...conversely, there are issues where the presence of an organised group of enthusiasts could be of value to Audi.

On a second level, although the clubs are set up independently by enthusiasts, in pursuit of their own goals, there is a point where the owner of the registered trade mark/logo, would like to have some understanding of how his name is being used.

On a third level, the relationship between the clubs and Audi is at present very loose and the creation of ACI is an attempt to recreate a structure which already existed in Auto Union Group companies, since 1927, where the factory supported/sponsored/organised the activities of clubs and individuals who were active in supporting the marque. After the war, this structure was again formalised from 1954 to 1966 in the form of factory sponsored clubs. Basically it involved the factory sponsoring meets at Race Tracks and cross country rallies, where marque owners could join in a weekend of fun, racing their cars, in the company of their families. the factory gave points to participants, which led to trophies or to discounts on sports components and accessories.

From Stuart:
Is anyone interested in representing the A2OC at this meeting?

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

I could probably make this meeting. I have been involved in various car clubs for the last 20+
years, including 10 years as Chairman of TVR Car Club.
I'll need to check my diary etc.

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, 17" Sport Wheels, 2004 grill, Tinted Security Glass (+Road Angel)

As I live in Fareham, I would love to go, but unfortunately I am on holiday and not returning until the 25th June

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

Thanks for the offer Widdy...have a good holiday!!

Mervyn, that would be very useful if you could go, although I cannot guarantee it will secure any definite future for the A2OC, but I'm told that they may be able and by showing prescence at the meeting, it's a step in the right direction.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

I am thinking of coming south for the Goodwood festival of speed as I'm into old Lancia Rally cars as well as effecient German A2s. I would be interested especially if there are any discounted Festival tickets going

Cheers

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

http://www.greenconsumerguide.com/audi_a2_tdi.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back