Forum Picture Upload Quality?

manhattan$

Past Member
Hi,
I wonder if the owners could look into improving the quality of upload pictures on the forum?

Tapatalk is a very popular mobile App that enables quick access to forums like this one although uploading pictures this way really degrades the picture quality (think taken with a potato quality)

Other forums work fine, with good quality uploads...

Now, i am not sure if it is the forum causing this? (To save on running costs???) or that a Tapatalk forum setting or update is required? But i personally think it is important to keep all pictures on this forum of a good quality. It can be very hard to read or see details properly and seeing as we are now a big smartphone user base that have instant access to cameras on our smartphones, it would be so much easier to take a picture, go to the Tapatalk App and upload! (Mobile browsers are awkward)

Maybe a little of the club funding could be put towards improving this area of the forum?

Any thoughts?

Hi Paul,

I've checked our configuration, and I do not see any image upload configuration options for the Tapatalk plugin. We are using the latest version.

I have increased the image size (in bytes) for jpg and png file uploads, in case this is the constraint.

Ben

Picture uploads to the forum are still poor. There is a setting for hosting pics on Tapatalk, but it has been disabled?

Heres the message...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424903523.817779.jpg

Hi,

I've modified the Tapatalk configuration to allow Tapatalk hosted images. Seems the attachment option is reducing the quality somewhat. According to their forums, there's up to a 24 hour wait between activating this option and existing tapatalk app users being able to select the Tapatalk hosted option. Please try again tomorrow.

Ben

Just trying this out I have never used TapTalk before
4187050a20b4573b9687f383d95aba55.jpg

I will go to the full site now and see what the quality is like.
Steve B

WOW !!!! That is better and bigger than using the full desktop forum.

Thanks
Steve B

Trying a better quality picture this time.
cf5dac26191d4fd82c092b7688eb40c8.jpg

This used to be on my way to work !!!!
Last year I worked in Sierra Leone fir a while. That was before the dreadful Ebola epidemic.

But as for the quality of picture. It seems fine to me. A bit of camera shake but that was due to the roads there, if you spot a pothole it is the smoothest part of the road !!!

Steve B

One final attempt to try and show the full quality. The first shot was in a dark car park and had been lightened. The second one had camera shake.

This one should be a nice clear shot (of my ex home during the floods.

deb966bac59ada9f3445bae5a94648d2.jpg

Steve B

That looks a lot better quality.

It looks like existing Tapatalk users will have to wait 24hrs though. Fingers crossed it works for me and my potato cam

That looks a lot better quality.

It looks like existing Tapatalk users will have to wait 24hrs though. Fingers crossed it works for me and my potato cam

I am an existing Tapatalk member but I have only just tried pictures for the first time.

So you should be fine too now.

Steve B

Has anything changed regards image posting, thinking inline images vs thumbnails (with lightbox view)? I used to be able to do the latter but now they're always inline and gigantic, have I forgotten/misplaced a setting? Thanks.

Back