Franklin Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaf

:)Hi all, I'm new to this so here goes.
I've currently got a TDi Sport, which I haven't had the need to take back to Franklin for any warranty work.
My previous Y reg TDi SE was bought as a 6 month old demonstrator from Franklin. Now that did go in regularly. The problem is their service is fine, I've always had courtesy cars ranging from fully loaded A4 3.0 Quattro to A6's and various lesser A4's. They have touched up stone chips off their own back and provided me with free paint as well.One headlight misted up so they replaced both.

So what's the problem you ask? Well do I trust them to carry out jobs on my car - no I don't. More often than not I've been in to point out a fault, often unannounced, they see to me and the car, no problem. Then you book the car in because they haven't got the parts in stock. You take the car in, leave it there all day, on collection the fault is still there or they have ****ed something else up. So you have to go back to get that fixed. If only someone like the service manager would do a quality control check this would no longer be a problem.

That's the end of my gripe for now.

This is the main reason I bought an Audi to try and get away from problems like this. Try owning a BMW you take your car in to get one of the many design faults or recalls fixed, pick it up and it has three or four new faults to amuse you with!! For example, they put a new steering column in (common fault, two in first year), and put the wheel on no where near straight, are they blind, stupid or just don't care?!

Dealers take the time to wash and clean the inside of your car before they give you it back, I'd personally prefer them to let me wash it and spend that time checking the car instead!!

I have a couple of things which need fixing on my A2 due to it's newness.

1. The front engine panel won't come down - (for oil & water etc)
2. One of the rear seats won't fold down as it's too stiff!
3. The alloys were scratched all over so having them changed.
4. They had taken the parcel shelf out and forgot to put it back in.

The other thing is they don't give you any floor mats either, only on the SE!! Dispite spending a fortune on the car in the first place!! When getting the above fixed this saturday I'm going to try and get some floor mats thrown in. Lookers Audi - Thornaby.

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges

The first point will take them 5 mins tops - undo 2 star screws, push unit to the right, tighten screws.

The seat is a funny one sometimes they fit sometimes they don't, mine were tight at first but after I took them out a few times they seemed to ease (or I go use to it)

The other points are dealer carelessness.

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround

The front panel on mine has got a mind of its own too. It eventually does come down. I'll try adjusting it as per your instructions - thanks shezlee.

Too right, I don't care if they don't wash my car, I'd rather it came back fault free.

I've had courtesy calls from HQ requesting input as to the whole service experience and I've pointed out my concerns - hope they act on them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back