Friendly A2 garages in the Glasgow area

Anyone suggest a garage that will service my A2 without ripping me off in the Glasgow or Hamilton areas in Scotland. Too scared to go to Audi or that bad word up here......'Arnold Clark' ?

I had cambelt changed at A4 audi, they are OK, but thought they were a but pricey at the time,depends on what you are getting done.

Thanks for that. I will give A4 Audi a phone. Is there anyway of finding out if the belts have been done other than looking ? Nothing in the service history.

Perhaps the main audi dealer will be able to tell you from the computer. If it's not been noted in the book then I would suggest it has not been done. You could always ask for an inspection of it. I think the water pump comes with the cambelt kit so should hopefully be automatically replaced at the same time. I had the hydraulic tensioner replaced at the same time though which is seperate from the kit. It depends on how worn it is, you might not need this bit changed. The guy at star performance was telling me though that if the hydraulic tensioner fails it can knacker your pistons or something, so worth getting them to check that I suppose.

GB Higgins in Ayr are pretty good. The previous owner of mine bought it through them and they also serviced / changed the timing belt on it. Used them for other servicing etc with other cars and always been good. Telephone number is 01292 267233

Try Dougans in New mains just down from the cross.I use them and never any probs the guy only does VW/Audi 01698 358221

Service

A4 Audi serviced my last A2 right up to 110000 carried out all repairs Fantastic service picked up car and brought it back Very helpful
Helped recently with advice on my current A2 even though they wouldn't get the work
I got my current A2 serviced main dealer and it felt no difference i would have no hesitation in recommending them When I get my current problems resolved They will look after it from then on They also do ipod fitting cruise and if you want to get carried away a flat bottomed steering wheel etc Keith is probably one of the most qualified Audi mechanics around

I use a friend for all my servicing, Matt at MR Auto in Irvine, I trust him 100% and know that he doesnt rip people off.

His garage has all the toys including diagnostic equipment and remapping equipment.

you can find him through the web or PM me for contact details

Cheers

David.

Back