Front Anti-Roll Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd6677

Hi ,
I'm just wondering has anyone here had any problems with their front anti-roll bar. I had to adjust it a while ago as it had slipped out of its brackets and was causing a banging noise when going over bumps and potholes. It has now happened again and I'm not sure what to do , maybe buy new mounts for it?

Tks in advance

JD

Think this has come up before with the front roll anti-roll bar drop links - £35 from VAG. I made a note of it in case it happens to me and the original writer did the work himself as Audi wouldn't do under warranty!.[3]

What mileage and year is your car? If you can't find the message let me know and I can send you the description and part number so you can do it yourself. [24]

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Yip mine went as well and they were replaced under warranty...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Had mine replaced under warranty.
Was told that the mounting brackets are some sort of heavy-duty plastic, and after a given period they crack. Not sure if it depends on what sort of abuse they have had over the years.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

My brackets are not plastic... are some kind of rubber, the mechanic put something there and doesn't make the noise anymore, but I'm sure there is no plastic...

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav|Winter|ABT

Thanks for the replies.
The car is a 2002 A2 1.4 and has covered about 20,000 Miles. The anti-roll bar has actually slip out to one side.
I'm going to order the new parts today as the car is out of warranty. If you have the link to the older post about the anti-roll bar that would be great.

Thanks,

JD

Hi,
I had same problems like you, beacuse my tdi is 01 model and it came with old type of stabilizer 8z0 411 305J (today they use stabilizer 8z0 411 305M). This stabilizer has rubber mounting 8z0 411 314b, which is main source of these problems. If you want to solve this problem of terible noise, than you can do same think like me. I have replaced myself this old type of mounting(8z0 411 314b) with new type 6q0 411 315 J, which is installed in younger a2. It is not necessary to replace your old stabilizer,but you must change old type rubber mounting with new one. In Czech republic costs only 4pounds pair, so you can save lot of money if you do it yourself.

Thanks for the reply Ondra , I'll have a look on ETKA and see about the part numbers.

Tks again

JD

that plastic-rubber mounting brackets have some teflon inside. that material doesn't fit very well with the plastic-rubber and in combination with potholes goes out. Tahat cause very annoing noise but doesn't harm your car if you don't change rightaway. You can change the brackets, at the Audi costs 3,6EUR/piece and my advice is to change both (left and right) even only one make the noise. It is no necesary to change the entire bar.

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav|Winter|ABT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back