Front Arm Rest

...i think you had a lucky escape. A2's didn't come with an armrest from factory!

don't know if it could have been retro fitted though?!? :eek::confused:

If you search the forum they have been retro fitted using a couple of different methods. Skipton has done the mod ( as he would ;)) dont know what the donor model is. Theres also an armrest that fits onto the inside of each seat above the centre console - a la aircraft armrest style. I prefer the look of the latter, but its not a tweak I'll ever bother about methinks. :)

As Murdo says, I have fitted an original Audi front armrest (from an A4), but it's not the easiest of jobs. It is however very nice on those longer journeys and is something I wouldn't be without now.

As Mikoi says, you've had a lucky escape there, as those armrests are pretty bad and require you to make a screwhole in the central trim.

Cheers,

Mike

As Murdo says, I have fitted an original Audi front armrest (from an A4), but it's not the easiest of jobs. It is however very nice on those longer journeys and is something I wouldn't be without now.

As Mikoi says, you've had a lucky escape there, as those armrests are pretty bad and require you to make a screwhole in the central trim.

Cheers,

Mike

Its something that i have looked at still may do it yet, thought yours was a A4 arm rest Mike was it hard to mod (did you use the original bracket or mod your own????)

Phil

No, the A4 bracket is made from a casting and would be too fragile to mod, so I made my own steel bracket for strength. It still bolts to the same points as the A4 would, but they're in a different place to each other, relatively speaking, in the A2.

Cheers,

Mike

No, the A4 bracket is made from a casting and would be too fragile to mod, so I made my own steel bracket for strength. It still bolts to the same points as the A4 would, but they're in a different place to each other, relatively speaking, in the A2.

Cheers,

Mike

The question on everyones lips...... Is the armrest option available on the Skipton Autos list of upgrades for our A2's

Cheers Spike

The question on everyones lips...... Is the armrest option available on the Skipton Autos list of upgrades for our A2's

Cheers Spike

I think that may be a bit tricky and costly but if you're prepered to pay and Mikes up for it most things may be for modding/retro fitting ;)

Phil

Cheers,

Mike

Yes i didn't know if you used that bracket and just made that fit in to the A2

Phil

The armrest alone is £140 and that's for a cloth cover. Add on another £50 for leather.

The bracketry is not going to be easy to make - my welding skills are not really up to it and I've not made drawings of the dimensions either.

Maybe one day, if the demand is there.

Cheers,

Mike

The armrest alone is £140 and that's for a cloth cover. Add on another £50 for leather.

The bracketry is not going to be easy to make - my welding skills are not really up to it and I've not made drawings of the dimensions either.

Maybe one day, if the demand is there.

Cheers,

Mike

If you did go a head i'm shaw my bro could whip up sum brackets he loves welding and making stuff like that, so its food for thought

Cheers Phil

Last edited:
Back