Front footwell carpet holders

I've been a lurker for a few months, but I'm now the happy owner of a 2005 1.4 Tdi 75 Special Ed.

One anoyance is that three of the four of grey plastic studs holding down the front carpets are missing. Could anyone tell me if these are available separately from the carpets themselves? My local Audi dealer in hasn't been much use so far.

I was also interested in getting some black, fitted mats. For front and back Audi want something like 60ukp+vat, which seems steep. Are there any other sources? I couldn't find anything on vagparts.

Thanks, -Mike

BananaSplit said:
I've been a lurker for a few months, but I'm now the happy owner of a 2005 1.4 Tdi 75 Special Ed.

One anoyance is that three of the four of grey plastic studs holding down the front carpets are missing. Could anyone tell me if these are available separately from the carpets themselves? My local Audi dealer in hasn't been much use so far.

I was also interested in getting some black, fitted mats. For front and back Audi want something like 60ukp+vat, which seems steep. Are there any other sources? I couldn't find anything on vagparts.

Thanks, -Mike
Hi Mike and welcome,

The parts you need are available separately and are as follows:

8Z0 864 229A (followed by the correct colour code from the following: 4PK for black, 24S for dark grey, 1RS for beige and E59 for light grey)and 3D0 864 523 B41

If the studs for the tops of the aluminium covers are missing, these are 4B0 864 229 4PK

Cheers,

Mike

By the way, stick to Audi for the mats - they last ages and are brilliant quality. They also fit perfectly, attaching to the rest of the carpet with the studs that are missing.

You can get black rubber ones too for about half the carpet costs - ideal if you like mud!

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Hi Mike and welcome,

The parts you need are available separately and are as follows:

8Z0 864 229A (followed by the correct colour code from the following: 4PK for black, 24S for dark grey, 1RS for beige and E59 for light grey)and 3D0 864 523 B41

If the studs for the tops of the aluminium covers are missing, these are 4B0 864 229 4PK

Cheers,

Mike

Excellent! Thanks very much for the info, Mike. I'll go back to them armed with those part numbers. :)

Mike, I have the proper audi mats but the front ones will not fit on the existing studs. Have I got a bit missing?

battyb said:
Mike, I have the proper audi mats but the front ones will not fit on the existing studs. Have I got a bit missing?
Sounds like it - the mats have a little doughnut piece of plastic in them, which clips onto a stud that is attached to the underlying carpet in the footwell.

The stud is attached to the carpet at the rear by another stud, which clips onto the aluminium cover over the ECU/amp/storage space.

Double check that these are all there and then use my first reply to determine the part nmbers needed.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
By the way, stick to Audi for the mats - they last ages and are brilliant quality. They also fit perfectly, attaching to the rest of the carpet with the studs that are missing.

You can get black rubber ones too for about half the carpet costs - ideal if you like mud!

Cheers,

Mike

Yes I agree with mike on that score, I bought a set of 'premium grade' mats off an fleabay dealer who was local to me, they were okay but nowhere near as hard wearing as a stealer version

tdiman said:
Yes I agree with mike on that score, I bought a set of 'premium grade' mats off an fleabay dealer who was local to me, they were okay but nowhere near as hard wearing as a stealer version

Good to hear, but at 51+vat they ought to be. I've ordered a set to go with the 'doughnuts', which are slightly more reasonable, 23p+vat each. :rolleyes:

-Mike

Back