Front Mud Flaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
While removing tar spots yesterday (Tar courtesy of BNRR works:() I noticed that the black plastic moulding immediately in front of the rear wheels are peppered with impact marks from stones:(:(:(.

Has anyone any experience of fitting fromt mud flaps to their A2 as this is the only way I can think of preventing the damage?

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Ian,

I have front flaps fitted and I too have noticed this damage. It isn't that bad at the moment (3000 miles) but I'm sure it'll get worse, the front flaps may help reduce the number of impacts.

Andrew

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Hello,
I have front and rear mud flaps on my A2. They don't look as an racing trim, but the protection of the body areas behind the tyres are very good. The muds reduce also the waste during winter time on the body side areas.
See at Europ. Owners gallery no. 24 some pictures with mounted muds.

Alu2000 (see European Owners Gall. No. 24)
2003 1.4 SE cobalt-blue with all german packages (HighTech, Advance and Style), winter pack, ABT front design, removable Towing solution, sport-seats, complete ISOFIX, space-floor-and multibox, OpenSky, GSM, Navigation with PDA an so on ...

Do you have Audi flaps or are they after-market?

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Ian,

Mine were fitted by the dealer, so I assume they are Audi ones.

Just a point of interest, the depth of the front flaps does cause them to catch the road when going fast over dips or yumps ;) Living up in the pennines, that means it happens all the time for me constantly going up hill and down dale :)

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back