Front speaker upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy1

I am seeking to mildly upgrade my standard Concert Two system in my FSI by starting with the front speakers. I noted elswhere that the only other speakers that fit without modification are the Bose ones. Has anyone ever ordered these separately and fitted? Or does anyone have any for sale that they have junked when going to a full blown ICE upgrade. Many thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Poppy1

I am seeking to mildly upgrade my standard Concert Two system in my FSI by starting with the front speakers. I noted elswhere that the only other speakers that fit without modification are the Bose ones. Has anyone ever ordered these separately and fitted? Or does anyone have any for sale that they have junked when going to a full blown ICE upgrade. Many thanks.
:DI have just been told by VAG Parts that an upgrade speaker kit exists and they can supply - great. Anyone done this already?

£200 for the front and rear set inc VAT and courier fees. I only want the front though - at moment so estimate £100. I am awaiting answer as to if these are the woofers and tweeters or just the woofers. I know the VW versions comprise both for £99.

quote:Originally posted by shezlee

Did they give you a price?

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System

Have a look on Vagparts.com the fronts look like a woofer & tweeter combo where as the rear is just a two single unit upgrade. They are 3/4`s of the price aswell

quote:Originally posted by jon.od

Have a look on Vagparts.com the fronts look like a woofer & tweeter combo where as the rear is just a two single unit upgrade. They are 3/4`s of the price aswell

Had a look and they do not look the same as ones fitted in that the present ones are surrounded with a deep plastic frame.

Can anyone else give any views or experience here aswell?

Think both Alpine and Clarion prodcue hi-grade replacement units.

foxy

I am seeking to mildly upgrade my standard Concert Two system in
:DI have just been told by VAG Parts that an upgrade speaker kit exists and they can supply - great. Anyone done this already?

The upgrade kit for the A2 does only exist on the paper :-(( I have tried for severel month to find some upgrade speaker for the front doors. But with no luck. The upgrade speakers is an error in the material and does not exist (as far as I know).
The only two speakers for the A2 is:

The Origianal
and the BOSE Soundsystem

You cannot mount other speakers (again - as far as I know) in the front doors because of the doorstops. The speaker is build special for the A2 in such way, there is ennough space for the doorstop to operate.
In the backdoors however, the doorstop is placed higher so other speakers might work. I havent tried myself.

Jesper Lindholdt
Audi A2 TDI 3l
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe8.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back