Front Spring Advice for TDI with FSDs

nick4tl

Hi Folks,
I have a broken front spring and hoped someone might give me a recommendation for replacement. The car is a 1.4tdi with koni FSD and weitec springs on front. These were put on about 6 years ago.
I'm most interested in comfort. The car has 195/55/15 tyres. What is the recommended spring to complement the koni FSDs for comfort these days?

On another note, the koni fsds are badly corroded on the cup the spring sits on. Seeing as I'm replacing the springs would this be a good time to replace the shocks (thinking in terms of labour charges)?
Thanks
Nick

Don't have any product advice for you but corrosion on the FSD is a known issue and a sticky thread on the suspension forum refers.

Did you buy the car with these fitted or did you have the upgrade done? There's a lifetime guarantee with Koni so if you have the receipt a claim will be straight forward enough. Even without this I think you will still be covered.

I believe the rusting issue has now been sorted on the current range.

If you looking for comfort go for Spidan springs ,I've got 1.4 petrol springs on my Tdi 90, same as Tom
And for extra comfort I have got Audi TT 16" Alloys with 205/50/16 Goodyear efficient grip tyres ,better choice and price of tyres than standard size
Send Tom ( Timmus ) a PM

I have Spiden springs on the front with FSD's, great combo. Have stock SE springs on the rear with 15" wheels (Audi A1) all round and RARB.

thanks for those tips. I'll try and track down a set of the spidan springs so.

The fsds were bought from larkspeed. I have the receipt. I suppose though I'll need to buy a new set and then send back the badly corroded old ones as i cant afford to have the car off the road. Has anyone received a refund or do they send a replacement? I'll go and read around here, am guessing this has been covered.
cheers

Back