frost light appeared

audi0001

Hi,looking for a wee bit of info,just today i've noticed a new symbol on my dash appear and cant find it in the book,it looks like a snowflake.its lit up red,wondering what it is.
Also the other day day the abs and esr light came on,i stopped the car and started it up again and it went away and has not reappeared,is this anything to worry about (hope not).
be grateful for any help,thanks:) :)

Snowflake

Hi Audi0001,

I too have seen the snowflake symbol. Have a look at page 93 in the manual. Along with other information it states "This snowflake symbol is to warn the driver to take extra care when there is a risk of ice forming on the road."

I also have had the ABS warning light appear and mine too did not come on again after switching off and restarting the engine. Might be worth looking at and keeping and eye on brake fluid levels.

John.

The ABS & ESR light coming on when driving or just setting off (i.e 5+ mph when the ABS goes through the self test) could be a sign that that ABS relay is faulty.

I had this problem on my 2001 A2. it was intermittant at first but then came on every time the ABS went through its test. I think it is easy enough to identify and from memory the relay is under the dash on the driver side.

I think the snowflake symbol doesn't appear below -5, so -6 wouldn't have a snowflake symbol. Probably fact that ice exists rather than forming - no need for the warning!?!

Interesting point Keez.
I noticed that the snowflake symbol on my display goes OUT when the temperature drops below -5.5 degrees.
There is nothing from -6 degrees and below - :confused:
Im sure theres an explanation though - anyone?

The explanation is simple: between 5 and -5 degrees, there is the danger of ice suddenly forming on the road. It's like a warning that even though you might not feel cold, the road could be frozen and you're in danger of skidding. Above 5 degrees this is not possible, and below -5 it's certain it's frozen.:)

Funny,

I just happened to look down this morning and caught it going from -5.0 to -5.5 and the frost warning going out.

Cheers

glock17

Back