FSI model

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DSlee

I am currently pondering changing my company car for a 1.6 FSI sport or se model and would be grateful for members advice on the following.

1/. What is the average service interval period.
2/. What is the average motoray mileage achieved on a full tank.
3/. Has any one experienced any engine problems.
4/. Do you have to run the car on super unleaded.
5/. Is there any benefit in opting for the space saving tyre.
6/. Does the spare wheel drastically reduce boot capacity.

I hope someone can give me a few examples of their own experience in this car.

1/. What is the average service interval period.
Can't comment, I'm afraid - haven't been paying much attention to that side of things

2/. What is the average motoray mileage achieved on a full tank.
Mine now returns 42.8mpg on motorways at an... um.... enthusiastic pace [:I] and this is steadily improving as the engine runs in (currently 4,200 mi).

3/. Has any one experienced any engine problems.
None here. It sounds like a diesel when you start it, though...

4/. Do you have to run the car on super unleaded.
No, you don't have to. However, on the one occasion I strayed too far from a Shell garage - ending up with a tank of 95RON - I found that there was a noticable lag in acceleration from rest.

5/. Is there any benefit in opting for the space saving tyre.
Yes - you won't be stranded if a tyre gets shredded and can't be repaired by the TMS gunk.

6/. Does the spare wheel drastically reduce boot capacity.
In my opinion, yes. I guess that you could order it and then remove it when you need the addition boot space.

I hope someone can give me a few examples of their own experience in this car.

My experiences in the last four months can be neatly summarised as: :D:D:D:D

Welcome to the forum, by the way. I guess the fact that you've paid up to join suggests that you're fairly keen? [24]

Hope this helps...

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]m.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box
ERW | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

[24]cheers for the reply, you have certainly answered a few of the questions the audi sales staff couldn't!
I have since had a test drive in a 1.6fsi with sports pack and was suitably impressed. I noticed the engine sounded distinctly like a diesel when cold but this noise soon went. However, there seemed to be a lack of torque in low gear/revs and the engine needed prompting to deliver the claimed power in the way of high revving between gear shifts. Generally well satisfied with the car and build quality, it performed as I expected after reading the comments made on this web site.[:I]

I have a temporary id and will subscribe as and when I change my car. I'll keep you posted of my early driving experiences!

DSLee - look at the topic "bottom line" in the archived posts - it covers the FSI/TD in depth.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

From my experiences of an Fsi.....

1. Not been serviced yet - I would be interested/suprised if anyone with an Fsi has actually racked up enought miles to be serviced yet but with just under 5,000 miles I still have 12,000 miles to go!
2. I'm getting 41.5 mpg at 'making progress' speeds.
3. None yet - doesn't sound like a deisel - sounds like an Fsi!:D
4. I run on Shell Optimax and won't put anything else in it!
5. Can't say - don't have a tyre at all! ;)
6. Have a huge boot though! :D

Love the car to bits. My first flush of enthusiasm has worn off and has been replaced by genuine appreciation and love of the car. We're off on a touring holiday to Norway in June and I can't wait although
there's no Optimax in Norway apparently.

Keep smiling! [6]

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

quote:Originally posted by kit lewis
...and I can't wait although
there's no Optimax in Norway apparently.
In Greece, Optimax goes under the snappy title, "V-Power Racing 99+" - maybe it's the same in Norway? (my Norwegian didn't get me past the front page of Shell's website [:I])

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]m.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box
ERW | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

I've had my 2002 FSI since December, a dealer demonstrator with 3800m on the clock. It is now 9800m.

It is currently averaging 42.8mpg, highest in my ownership has been 46.9! You can get 400m per tank with careful driving, in particular gentle acceleration. I've always run it on regular 95 RON unleaded - too tight fisted to pay the extra 6p per litre.

Service interval readout looks like a service will be at about 18000m.

Have no spare - so far so good!

Love it to bits!

Mervyn

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, 17" Sport Wheels, Tinted Security Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back