FSI ProBoost & new exhaust

Phil FSI

Hi all

Planning ahead here (I hope) and looking at exhaust options.
I can hear something rattling and I’m thinking cat or baffles?
I’m running a pro boost so does that mean I won’t need a cat on the new one?

Exhaust options, I’d like something maybe stainless.
Has anyone got experience of stainless exhausts. Are they good. Will it be mot passable? Will it be insurance ok or modification?
Any other ideas? Genuine or cheapy?

Looking forward to your suggestions and experiences

Phil

You will Definately need a cat on the new exhaust to pass an MOT. Whether a dummy cat would allow the car to pass on emissions I’m not sure.

What you won’t need is a lambda or Nox sensor on whichever cat you decide to use.

Nice one Steve, thanks for the tip.
It’s recently been mot’d and no mention of exhaust rot, just this rattle.

You will Definately need a cat on the new exhaust to pass an MOT. Whether a dummy cat would allow the car to pass on emissions I’m not sure.

What you won’t need is a lambda or Nox sensor on whichever cat you decide to use.

The pro boost doesn’t use the rear lambda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pro boost doesn’t use the rear lambda?

No Edward, not at all. I’ll be getting a racing cat or similar fitted on mine when I have the exhaust done. Adrian will also be mapping out my front cat for me so I can have a turbo back exhaust made.

No Edward, not at all. I’ll be getting a racing cat or similar fitted on mine when I have the exhaust done. Adrian will also be mapping out my front cat for me so I can have a turbo back exhaust made.

What do you mean by mapping out the front cat?

Isn’t the pre cat lambda before the front cat?

1f4026ccc53b4b93fb9c649090b6ac57.jpg

Interested in this, as I already have PB Ecu fitted, but the exhaust is very crusty with rust!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1f4026ccc53b4b93fb9c649090b6ac57.jpg

It’s all one unit though isn’t it. It would just be replaced as a whole with stainless pipework straight onto the exhaust outlet.

Edit....ahh I see your point, as in there would be no need to remove it as it could just be incorporated into the downpipe. What about the second lambda sensor in the photo though?

It’s all one unit though isn’t it. It would just be replaced as a whole with stainless pipework straight onto the exhaust outlet.

Strange you would say that but I’m have a new manifold done tomorrow, remove the lambda completely and not having one surely would make the car worse as you would be running open loop.

Edit....ahh I see your point, as in there would be no need to remove it as it could just be incorporated into the downpipe. What about the second lambda sensor in the photo though?

Or just put on a lupo sport one.

18e3f8d9917dff0503b7ad0cfcfb0dc0.jpg

Or just put on a lupo sport one.

18e3f8d9917dff0503b7ad0cfcfb0dc0.jpg

Or like this one that has a spot for lambda

Strange you would say that but I’m have a new manifold done tomorrow, remove the lambda completely and not having one surely would make the car worse as you would be running open loop.

I’m just going off what Pro Boost have said. Based on the fact that my car is now running a turbo and is running well with no eml I think Adrian at Pro Boost is very good at what he does ?

Or like this one that has a spot for lambda

In theory that would work fine on a normal FSI if Adrian would fettle with your Map, but my exhaust manifold has a turbo on it that connects to the standard FSI downpipe, so its not an option for me.

But this is with a front lambda?

The rear one is doesn’t do much in terms of furling but the front is vital for fueling

Back