FSI Temp Sender - 2 or 4 Wire?

Philip

I’m about to order a new map controlled thermostat assembly and temperature sender, and see that there are both 2 and 4 wire senders available.

Without taking it apart first (I can’t see it from above), does anyone know which one a 2004 FSI will have?

Strange how two and four wire options exist on the Mister Auto website even when tied to my registration, so much for trusting their integrity. I suspect it will be four wire on our A2 FSI's with the two wire for some other VW models that used the BAD engine and the website has not the finesse to differentiate. All I can suggest you buy from CreweAudi on here, supply your registration and it will be guaranteed to match your FSI. If it's any help they quoted £78 for a new thermostat for my FSI but I did not inquire about a sensor.

Andy

7zap says the 4 wire, “double temperature sensor” no.3 here though the diagram doesn’t match the look of my 2002 FSI.
https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2004-248/9/919-919040/

Photo of my 2002 FSI (which was dead easy to access since the head is off, see my thread in Projects) are
IMG_5175.jpg
IMG_5176.jpg
attached for what it’s worth.

You’ll get the right one from Crewe Audi as Andy says.
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back