Fuel filler cap won't open?

cjscos

Ok I have done all the searches and got loads of info on it but can any1 confirm
Should the display on the dash tell me if the drivers side door is open, as at the moment it does not and the buttons on the pillar near the door dont illuminate or work and I suspect a door sensor. Do they only illuminate when the door is opened?

Ok I have done all the searches and got loads of info on it but can any1 confirm
Should the display on the dash tell me if the drivers side door is open, as at the moment it does not and the buttons on the pillar near the door dont illuminate or work and I suspect a door sensor. Do they only illuminate when the door is opened?

Hi, Yes it should. The interior light should also come on and you are correct in thinking that the buttons on the pillar are only active when the drivers door is detected as open. It sounds like your drivers micro switch needs changing. Thanks Rob.

Definitely a case of a broken microswitch.

You can't (officially) just replace the microswitch as it's built into the lock assembly.
You need part number 8Z2 837 016 D. Cost is £69.85 from Lake District Audi. (2012)

Fitting it requires you to completely strip your door, including taking the window frame out. There are a few fiddly bits in the handle mech which you need to be careful with. I think Phil, of Grim Reaper fame, posted a guide some time back...

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Phil has indeed got an excellent guide for the rear door here http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?13246-How-to-replace-rear-door-micro-switch

The difference is you'll definitely have electric front window which is only a few more screws. And I think you don't need to open the lock barrel on the front. Once replaced, you may find the remote windows open/close does not work anymore. So don't forget to reset your window position by closing the window, release button then pull and hold the button again for a few seconds.

Back