Fuel Filter Location?

R4VSE

Hi Guys

Does anyone know were the fuel filter is located? on the A2 as i simply can not figure out were it is :confused:

I have a 2004-53 plate Sport 75

Also is there a diagram on how to change the fuel filter?

Petrol filters are in front of the offside rear wheel, diesel filters are in front of the nearside rear wheel.

I did a changin guide for the diesel a while back.

Cheers,

Mike

Petrol filters are in front of the offside rear wheel, diesel filters are in front of the nearside rear wheel.

I did a changin guide for the diesel a while back.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks your help,

Do you have the diesel changing guide to hand as i have searched but can not find it :-(

Hi Guys

Does anyone know were the fuel filter is located? on the A2 as i simply can not figure out were it is :confused:

I have a 2004-53 plate Sport 75

Also is there a diagram on how to change the fuel filter?

If you have not already spotted them, page 1 of Mike's link has the diagram and pics. In theory you can just drain off any sediment and fuel then remove the bottom plate and change the filter. In practice yoy will probably need a brake hose clamping tool to pinch off the main fuel supply pipe otherwise the tank just drains off throught the supply pipe to the filter head. This is mentioned in the thread.

Cheers Spike

If you have not already spotted them, page 1 of Mike's link has the diagram and pics. In theory you can just drain off any sediment and fuel then remove the bottom plate and change the filter. In practice yoy will probably need a brake hose clamping tool to pinch off the main fuel supply pipe otherwise the tank just drains off throught the supply pipe to the filter head. This is mentioned in the thread.

Cheers Spike

Hi guys

I had the fuel filter done on mine today, watched the guy do it with no hose clamps (i had 1/4 diesel in it) he removed the filter, left drip tray underneath. I was worried diesel would just empty out - but he said it wouldbe minimal. He then took time prepping th new filter with the seals - and fitted.
In that much time less then a cup worth of diesel came out. Car fired up first time with NO hesitation / lock.

What are the differences between the >'02 petrol fuel filters and the '02 onwards petrol fuel filters...? Mine looks like it has a return valve & pipe.The fuel lines feel like hard nylon so can't use hose clamps...how much petrol am i going to lose ?

Any tips on swapping the petrol filter (SE1.4 '04)

Last edited:
Back