Fuel Flap Release Wiring Diagram

jambost

Hi, I have a problem with my fuel flap release. It suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago and i'm now trying to fix it. I have replaced the switch on the door pillar and checked the voltage going to the switch, it is a small supply in the millivolt range. I've also buzzed out the cable supplying power to the solenoid that opens the flap and discovered that there is a shortcircuit between the pos and neg. Does anyone know if there is a Audi A2 wiring diagram out there, or if there is a relay/fuse for the fuel flap release ?

Any help would be grateful......:cool:

Stuart

Check Fuse 36 this is a 10Amp fuse.

It is also for the following circuits:

Heated rear window relay
Convenience system central control unit
Control and display unit for air condition/climatic control
Tank filler flap remote release switch
Additional heating button (ECON)

Also see PM :D

Cheers

SARGE

Hi Sarge,

I've checked all the fuses and they are all okay, none of them are blown. I'll double check fuse 36 is a 10amp and its not blown.

Stuart
P.S. thanks for your help.

Hi MytA2,

my A2 has that Unlock/Lock thing going on as well which started about a year ago. Maybe i'll need to start looking to get that sorted as well. The tip about greasing the connectors may be very helpful !

Cheers
Stuart

Good News !! After i tried disconnecting and reconnecting the convenience unit (which by the way corrected the problem of the car unlocking/locking when i put the key in the ignition) i removed and bench tested the solenoid and found that it too was fine, I then went back inside and came back to this website and had a good look around to see if anything else cropped up that could potentially help me. I came across a post from a few years back that talked about a microswitch on the drivers door that sometimes stops working. I then went out and checked mine and discovered that the door indicator on the display showed the door open sign when the door was just slighty open, any further than this then the sign went out. I also noticed that the two switches (on the door pillar) only illuminate when the drivers door was open slightly then went out. (p.s. apparently you can also get around this problem (if its a ccu unit fault) by pressing and holding down the door open button on the keyfob and pressing the fuel flap release) So i squirted some WD40 into the catch and cleaned out the catch (full of dirt and dust) and hey presto.... It worked !!!!

Excellant, glad to see your sorted now ;)
I told you, you could do it ..LOL :D

Cheers

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Back