Fuel & Pollen Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

widdy

Just had my 1.4 TDI serviced.

Couple of questions

Is the Fuel filter located in front of the nearside rear wheel ?
Do you need to bleed the system or is it self pumping/bleeding ?

Where is the Pollen filter housed ?
Do I need to change this, because the car doesn't have A/C ?

03 A2 1.4 TDI Sport (75), Ebony Black, BOSE, and child seat

The pollen filter is located behind a flap in the passenger footwell. Put your head into the footwell and look up, you will see the rectangular flap. Pull this down and if there is a filter, it will be behind this. To remove the filter, push the two plastic bars toward each other and pull the filter down and out.
Hope this helps.
How's the rack doing btw?

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp) and all round tinting.(The NEW Tank)

Skipton01

Thanks for the reply, I will have a look tonight if I get a second, my eldest is now 4 and now have a 5 month old boy as well.

Haven't used the rack yet, but is there when I need it.

Got any pics of your new motor ??

WRT the pollen filter you may have to loosen some of the trim fixings to get the lid back on!

I did.

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Pollen filter sorted, worst bit was getting the cover back on and securing with sliding clips.

Only the fuel filter to do now, it is in front of rear nearside wheel isn't it ?
do you need to bleed the system after replacement ?

There are two types of fuel filter. Location is as you describe. My 2001 TDi has the old type where the whole assy is changed. It is a pig of a job and I would not recommend you do it unless you have access to a pit. The later version has a replaceable element which is drained using a 10mm socket insert. The cap is then removed with a 27mm socket insert after which the o.ring seals and element are replaced. The system must be self bleeding as there are no instructions for doing this.
One last thing, access to the filter requires removal of the heat shield panel.

Regards Spike

Hi Martin,
Glad you got the pollen filter done. I'll look up your specific car if you like on ELSA, to findout the fule filter answer.
I must get some photos of the new tank done and posted - I'll do it this weekend.

NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp) and all round tinting.(The NEW Tank)

Last edited:
The fuel filter is under the car... Messy job to change. My advice is to go to mechanic...

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav+|Winter|ABT

Hi Skipton01

Reference the NEW tank - have you fitted the 42 litre fuel tank ? If so, I would be interested in a summary of what's involved.

Regards Spike

Hi Spike,
The 42l tank came as standard - 2004 car you see. Can't tell you what is involved, cos I haven't been there.

However, I have just completed the fitting of a second fog light to the rear, as well as retro-fitting cruise control. Both jobs relatively easy, as long as you don't rush and have a workshop manual handy.

Must edit my sig now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back