Fuse box confusion

Gritty

Hi all

My cigarette lighter isnt working (I dont smoke) so checked the fuse there wasnt one and a new one 15amp wont slip into the slot its ear marked for?

On checking the other fuses its seems i dont have a single currectly amp fuse in the box yet everthing electrical bar the lighter seems to be functioning.

Pic of the fuse box
1535207758183.jpg

From the photo you've posted above, I can't see a problem. Fuse 12 is the cigarette lighter circuit. It should be a 15A fuse. Surely enough, there's a 15A fuse in position 12.

The sticker on the back of the fuse box cover isn't the world's most accurate piece of documentation. When compared to the full wiring diagrams, it's a bit vague and it does feature a few mistakes, but the cigarette lighter info is correct.

Have you removed Fuse 12 to check if it's blown?

Cheers,

Tom

From the photo you've posted above, I can't see a problem. Fuse 12 is the cigarette lighter circuit. It should be a 15A fuse. Surely enough, there's a 15A fuse in position 12.

The sticker on the back of the fuse box cover isn't the world's most accurate piece of documentation. When compared to the full wiring diagrams, it's a bit vague and it does feature a few mistakes, but the cigarette lighter info is correct.

Have you removed Fuse 12 to check if it's blown?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi

Chart on back of fuse box is useless.

In my owners manual page 198 fuse 12 (15amp cig lighter) fuse slot is third row from left, 2nd from top.

It was empty no fuse there and when I tried to insert one it felt vacant.

The arrowed pic supplied by steve-c in my owners manual suggest this is a vacant slot number 9,2nd row from the left 4th slot down.

Sorry its me whos useless just studied the fuse diagram on the fuse box cover, which confirms steve-c picture but which contradicts my owners manual.

Ok thanks Vic I think Ive sussed the positions of slot 12

On your link LHD the position of fuse 12 is the same as my owners manual also based on LHD, the image sent by steve c is the same as the image diagram on the back of the fuse box totally different.

So I guess I should be following the layout for RHD steve-c pictue and the diagram on the back of the fuse box

Chart on back of fuse box is useless.

I guess I should be following the layout for RHD steve-c pictue and the diagram on the back of the fuse box

The RHD fuse box appears the same as the LHD fuse box but rotated through 180 degrees. However, the two vertical fuses on the far right in both photos don't seem to feature on any chart at all as far as I can see.

At least you now know which fuse you need to be checking for your lighter!

Back