Gearstick Surround

a2tpj

Hi - I have a 2000 (Y) A2 S TDi (This was a slightly strange 'inbetween' vehicle with climate control and rear electric mirrors but not the full SE pack).

I have had the car since new but have recently noticed that on the console surrounding the gearstick the dark grey plastic has started to flake off.. leaving a lighter grey behind - anyone know about this or know where I could get a replacement unit from?? assuming the unit could be placed.

Apart from that my A2 is in pretty good condition and its the best car I have ever owned!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Hi a2tpj
Most of the interior plastics are 'coated' rather than being self coloured. This finish is not particularly tough and the coating is easily damaged. If you ever need to remove the ash tray, climate panel or radio etc, use masking tape and cloths to protect the centre console etc. I scratched the storage tray in the centre console while removing the ash tray and trying to unplug the wiring connector on the back of the unit.
Much of the interior pastic is available in several shades so be careful when ordering.
If you decide to use VagParts (highly recommended) then order one of the Club discount card and window sticker packs first to qualify for extra discount.

Cheers Spike

Back