Germany Road Trip - April 2016

wilco184

Member of the year 2015
Hello,

I visited Germany recently, to visit a few different places including the Nurburgring, the Porsche factory and museum at Zuffenhausen, and the Audi forums and factories at both Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm; with the latter being where our A2's were made. I'd thoroughly recommend the factory tours, they really are brilliant. It was great to see how the cars are assembled, and at Ingoldstadt and Neckarsulm, how the bodies are produced.

I've taken some photographs which you may like to see. :p

Firstly, these were taken at the Nurburgring. Fantastic place. For anyone wanting to go 'round, I'd recommend the 'Ring Taxi', done by BMW.

A visit to the Porsche factory and museum in Zuffenhausen. The first photograph is the final assembly building for the new 718 Boxster and 911 models. The second is the museum and the third is inside the museum.

Continued below.

Continued.

The Audi forum and factory tour at Ingoldstadt. The first photograph shows the financial and marketing building, behind which is the body assembly for the A5 and the final assembly for the A3. The second shows the building for the shop, restaurant and area where customers collect their new cars. The third is inside the museum.

I didn't take many photographs at Neckarsulm, but these are inside the forum building.

And finally, I found what I'd like the A2's successor to be; just need to save a few pennies! ;)

Many thanks,

Matt. :)

I belive the A2 prototype is in the design museum in Berlin.

James

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

Autoworld, Brussels. A2 design Study 002.jpgA2 Design Study 001.jpg

Wow. Is the hatchback prototype there too?

James

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

This was the only A2 prototype I saw when I was at the Brussels museum, I expect Audi move them around on loan to various places. Either that or this place managed to buy one from them. When I was at Audi Forum Neckarsulm the display area was showing these. Neckarsulm 15 (640x480).jpgNeckarsulm 06 (640x480).jpgNeckarsulm 12 (640x480).jpgNeckarsulm 10 (640x480).jpgNeckarsulm 22 (640x480) (2).jpgwing.

Clearly the displays do change. We went to neckarsulm last year and did not see all the cars in your photos. It was the same for ingolstadt in 2014. We're stopping overnight in Brussels as part of our trip to switzerland and the German a2 club meet this year. Still worth a look round autoworld by the looks of it.

james

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I would think so. They had one or two Auto Union, Horch & Wanderer cars on display when I was there if the interest is solely VAG related, but I think you can usually find things of interest & enjoyment in any car museum if you're an enthusiast. And if they keep rotating exhibits it keeps the visitors coming. They had a rather nice 1924 Ford Model T motorhome that took my eye!

0512180015 (640x480).jpg0512180016 (640x480).jpg0512180020 (480x640).jpg

Back