Getting GALA Working

bass.six

Hi all,

I used to own a VW Passat, and this car had the Gala function working. My A2 Concert II head unit has the option in the menu but any adjustment does not seem to make any difference. I would like this feature and would like to know how to get in operational. Does is involve VAG-COM or is it something else?

Any help from the experts out there in the ether would be great.

Thanks.
Neil

Hi Neil,

GALA is a funny beast in that for some reason, although it is now normally sent over the infotainment bus (part of the CAN bus), Audi chose not to implement this on the A2!

You can get it to work (see my sig.) but you need to run a wire from one of the 32-pin connectors in the instrument cluster to the appropriate connector on the back of your headunit.

I won't go into detail of the mechanics of how to get to the back of the instruments, but suffice it to say that you'll need to run a single wire from pin 31 of the blue 32-pin connector to pin 1 of the black 8-pin connector on the radio.

This has also been well documented in the past on these pages and a simple search would have provided the answers too.

Cheers,

Mike

Back