Getting my audi on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laz

I am getting a second hand audi 2000 plate this friday. Yeehaw!
Its strange with an a2. I have owned cars for the best of 12 years now, and to me, it was only a mode of transport taking me from a -> b. Now, this car is different. I seem to have feelings for it and cherish it coz it looks so damn cute and podgy. I just want to make sure its pristine, and stays that way. Is this what people mean by having a cult following? e.g. the beetle

Anyway, picking it up from the garage. Last week, I inspected it and pointed out any stone chips etc, and audi will fix it. Now, that's what i call brilliant service.

If they are going to give me my second hand car in show room condition, whats the point in anyone buying a new car at twice the cost?

Also, being new to aluminium and all, is there any kind of cleaning detergents i should avoid? Whats the best thing to use?

Cheers!

hello there

I am new here as well! At least u'll have your A2 Fri!
Poor me have to wait until next weekend! I am trading my Y reg Alfa 147 1.6 lusso with a 52 plate A2 FSI SE 12000 miles bench seat.

Please let us know how you are getting on?

Cheers

Welcome to you both.

I use Mer to remove any tar, insects etc as it will cut through all sorts of rubbish that collects on the paintwork. Leaves a nice finish too.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Yeh I agree its a big leap. Am I making the right decision?

In fact always wanted the A2 even before the 147 but the 1.6 FSI wasn't available at the time. And the A2 1.4 was the same price as the 1.6lt Alfa 147.

The Alfa is quite thirty doing app. 13P per mile on optimax my average is 28mpg most of town driving. Just wondering running the A2 would be much cheaper?? On the test drive I did 40mpg. Any advise?

Don't know how the economics of owning an A2 will compare to the Alfa - but purely from a build quality point of view, the Audi will be streets ahead. I had a 2000 Punto from new and sold it on it's 3rd birthday as I wasn't sure it would live to be 4 due to various faults, failures and breakages.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a 1.4SE petrol. http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk14.htm http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/safety.htm
New A2 - Ebony Black, Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

My GTV was actually very well built.
It was the Dealer that let the side down. Totally inept.
Reginald Vard something........... Eh?
What was that?
Yep youre right totally, totally useless. Worse than a Year 9 on steroids.

[37]

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
I am the Fifth Column. I am no longer an A2 owner. The A3 TDI DSG is awesome - yoof influence - I do wear a baseball cap but NOT backwards.

I had a 2000 punto from new b4 the Alfa as well. There is no alarm fited, some nasty little rat keep breaking the door! Must have repaired at least 3times until totally fed up. The service was very bad from dealer.

The interior of Alfa 147 is very well build and feel quality and comfi. It drive beautifully specilly around corners and feel solid on the road only a little heavy at start up 1st gear! Had it for 2years without any problem! I would still recommend people go for the 147 if they want a fun sporty car don't mind too much about lower mpg and higher insurance!

I change it purely for economical reasons.

Hee hee. Finally picked it up on Friday. Drove it out ever so slow out the dealers. I always have bad vibes of hitting into something just driving round the first corner. Guess I was never that optimistic, self confident kid when I was younger.

The good points so far:

Anyway, the car is solid! It drives with big personality. I must admit, I was not used to the steering. I can actually turn the wheel when stationary with one hand! THat is really impressive. The climate control is a real bonus (you don't wanna know the problems i had with my previous car ... ) and the height at which you sit at is great. Especially for my wife! She is not that big so any additional height is a bonus. The sound system is awesome. we had some classical music playing, and the bass felt like it shook the car ... i don't see how you can get much better than this system, ... would love to try the bose system. The dashboard is great. Excellent co-ordinated colours. Still trying to figure out those many buttons I have all over the place. I thought japanese cars were bad!

Lets see, looks! THis car has been around for a few years now, but I still get people admiring the car. Its really amusing. I parked in the street and had people slowing down to admire it, looking at the alloys then the front. To me, the bonnet is the cutest part. I took the car round to soem friends, and some of them which are not car literate, guessed the price to be £20k. So i guess it does look expensive ! Well, brand new they were not far off!

I have the 1.4Se, and it is actually nippier than my 1.6 civic. So I get the best of both worlds. Faster car, cheaper insurance, hoorah!

The bad points:

I find the brake pedal raised a bit too much. I guess it just takes a bit getting used to. I have to lift my foot much higher than i did my previous car (honda civic), but the brakes are more responsive.

Gear changing is not so smooth. Its not a nice slot in gear 1 to gear 2, you actually have to use a little effort. Not sure if its just my car or are all audi's like that. However, I think its something that I will get used to. I'm still too in the "honda" world at the moment, so I am picking out every good and bad point.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. Its a little sunny out there, i think a drive to the east coast is in order. Long live the A2!

laz-which part of the east coast?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

going east past aberlady heading up to north berwick, then a visit to tantallon castle. ah, thats the life!

Ah, I'm 'southern' East coast-Norfolk, land of the beached whale.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back