Getting my wheels refurbished..

kencayton

Hi everyone, I'm looking at getting my wheels redone and resprayed. I've got the 16" SE wheels, and wondered if anybody had any recommendations for the wheel finish? I quite the like the shiny finish on the 15" pepper pots and wondered if a wheel refurb lot could do this for me? Thanks in advance:)

I had my 16" SE wheels refurbed by a mate of mine in Bromley who works for a company called something like Automotive Vehicle Solutions. He did a splendid job and they look fantastic.

I did ask him out of interest what finishes could be applied and he said he could do matt, shiny, black.. whatever suited. That said, he does what they call Smart repairs which are basically a wet sand down, reprime, respray and relaquer. If I was going for a total colour change I would be tempted to get the wheels sand/bead blasted down to the metal before the respray.

When I had an Audi 80 yonks ago I had the wheels blasted and repainted. The finish was excellent. That was some place in the Gorbals in Glasgow so not so convenient for you ;-)

Back