Glass breakage sensor

humps

A2OC Donor
I have finally ran a VAG-COM check because of the continuing alarm problem. I took the car in for a service and asked them to also take a look. Oh so typically, the garage reconnected all the siren box and sensors, locked my car and waited for more than 1/2 day and the alarm didn't go off so can't really tell what's wrong. I got the car back and the alarm has triggered 5 times the day after! Anyway I've got some fault codes from the scan on the central comfort unit.

2 Faults Found:
01616 - Signal Wire to Interior Monitor
49-00 - No Communications
01384 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
35-00 - Please Register/Activate

As you can see I'm cheap using the VAG-COM shareware :) The 01616 has since been tested because I previously disconnected the sensor to check and that fault code is registered if your interior motion detector is not there when you arm the alarm. So I guess it has to be 01384, which I googled it to be the glass breakage sensor? (of course all my windows are still unbroken) I don't seem to be able to locate that sensor in ElsaWin, does anyone know where it is in the car? If there is a part number, I'll probably just replace it.

thanks in advance.

The glass breakage sensor is incorporated into the rear screen and isn't individually replaceable.

What you can do though is to join together the thin black and red wire and the thick brown wire going to it, hence making a complete circuit bypassing the (presumably) faulty sensor,

Cheers,

Mike

hi Mike, it is going off again after a few months not hearing it! I now want to short the circuit so it doesn't go off randomly. But where can I find the wires? Do I have to remove the upper and side tailgate trims? I couldn't see where it is and these trim panels are tight, am afraid I can do unrepairable damage trying to pull them out!

Back