Glove box door wanted

There is no way to remove the door!!!!!!!!! You need the complete glove box.
You only can change the handhold (opener).

Glove Box Door

Hi, You have to replace the whole glovebox, seems a common problem on A2's, I recently replaced mine, it was easy enough, but the cost is £165 inc of VAT, only available from Audi. It takes about 20 mins to take out all the screws, then about 10 mins to replace. There are two screws below under the dash, the one on the left is tricky. You will need a magnetic screwdriver, to hold the screw on the screwdriver, push the trim back and get that screw in. If you drop it, you will lose the screw behind the left footwell panel. That would mean either another screw or take more panelling off to find it. Its an easy job to do. There are about 4 screws on top/inside the glovebox. You will need a small handled screwdriver for some of these, as it needs to fit inside the glovebox. (Halfords sell these for £2.00).

hope that helps. Good luck.

glove box

Hi my glove box has locked itself due to something breaking inside,right side releases.Left side nothing any suggestions how i can get it open, thanks john

Not so fast

You can replace the door if you can find one, I was fortunate that someone on here had a spare door but to change it you need to remove the complete glovebox.

glove box

I've seen the price of a new one, just need to open mine and do a repair, can't see anyway of opening lefthand side????

A little jiggle with a thin, flat-headed electrical screwdriver between the door and the dash should free it:)

Back