Good man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

Stuart

Just read the new sticky post about the future of the forum. Good news indeed. I know there has been some doubt over recent months about which way the forum should maybe go, but I'm glad that it is going the way you say it will!

I don't own an A2 anymore, but still visit this forum regulary as it contains such a wonderful bunch of people and the knowledge available isn't just limited to Audi's.

Lets hope the forum and the club continues to go from strength to strength!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Steve - Thanks for your support, hope everyone else feels the same!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

Like we discussed at Castle Coombe on Saturday Stuart, I'll be more than happy to renew my membership.

Shaf

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs. HID Xenon's.

Generally I'm in favour of it and was happy to begin my membership yesterday. £10 seems like great value considering all the advice I have received off this forum. And as my car gets older I'm sure the discounts will come in handy too. Only one slight suggestion is to maybe offer guests a limited number of free posts in the forum before they have to join. Maybe that way more people will become paid up members after seeing how good the forum is? Will

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Hi Will,
Thanks again for joining up yesterday...
The trial forum period suggestion is a good idea but the administrative work to make this possible is too huge as it's all controlled by individual user name access per forum and so as you can imagine it's very time consuming with som many members to control - it's either that or moving to new forum software but as we've discovered in past tests, if we did this, we'd lose all the current posts.
I'll think about it and see what possible solution I can come up with...

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

New A2OC Website!

Yes I'm sure managing this forum and web page must take up a lot of your time. It's really appreciated though.....thanks!!

I suspect 90% of the posts are from only 10% of the members, so as long as you can persuade those members to join up, then the forum should continue to be as well supported in the future as it is now.

Another thing whilst I think of it (sorry….back-seat web page managers are a pain) I like the look of the new web page…..but would more people become paid-up members if the membership was advertised more on the homepage, together with a plug for the forum, saying stuff like how big the archive is etc. But I know how talk is cheap and doing all these things takes up a lot of time.

Keep up the great work Stuart.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

No problem Will - constructive feedback is always welcome.
I have a day off work coming up soon and so I will definitely take your comments on board and try to make some changes.

Thanks,

Stuart.

New A2OC Website!

quote:Originally posted by Stuart_D

I have a day off work coming up soon and so I will definitely take your comments on board and try to make some changes.

Ah, so painting the fence has taken a back seat? Any excuse you IT bods.....

;)

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Unfortunately so. But seriously I reckon it will take me a full day to sort out the forum in terms of which members can access it etc.

By the way everyone, there may be some downtime of the forum this Saturday whilst I work on the changes.

New A2OC Website!

£10 is EXCELLENT VALUE. It really shouldn't be an issue for most people.

This is a fantastic resource for A2 owners, and I even met someone at Castle Coombe who actually bought an A2 on the strength of having looked at the forum first. He was so impressed!!

I'll save my annual subscription in no time by taking advantage of the members discounts as time goes by and the A2 gets older.

And another thing. What about the time in the future when Audi stop making the A2. Who will A2 owners turn to then for support? I'd say there would be no better bunch of people than the forum user/owner.

Ezza.

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back