Good Pubs in Margate or surrounding area??

thestable

Hello!
I'm going for a mooch about in Margate this weekend with the girlfriend and was just wondering if any of you folks had any suggestions of places to go/see/drink at? and if there is any A2's around there even better!

I can recommend NOT going into the Pisces on the sea front - played a gig there many moons ago to a very hostile crowd of punks who's sole aim was robbing us of our instruments!!

Mind you, it was in the 90's! May have changed in the intervening last 25 years!!

Delboy and the jolly boys outing had a great time on a bank holiday weekend if you don’t have a lobster viderloo and 14 pina coladas it didn’t happen ?..

You could try the "Mechanical Elephant" it is one of our pubs (JD Wetherspoon) so good quality grub and drink for very little money.

Steve B

The ambrette is an ace place to eat, we’ll worth trying, couple of roads back from the front, off road parking

Well I can safely say that Margate is not short of good boozers! Started off in the mechanical elephant. It is what it says on the tin. A weatherspoons. Cheap beer. Food and plenty of old folks getting their pension pints and chain smoking outside. The Fez was a great little pub and the bottle shop was awesome! The wig and pen was a nice locals pub.

Needless to say looking to buy there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back