goodbye nectar points

vespa166

A2OC Donor
Hello all, been a back seat guest for months now reading your posts and finally made my mind up to get out there and join the club, purchase made and now my introduction to this site, opted for the tdi version after nearly 4 years owning a 1.8 petrol bmw and constantly trying to achieve high mpg's with the fuel computer (33 door to door, 44 motorway) not bad imo, yes I'm on first name terms with craig at the local bp garage:). look forward to getting good advice and tips from other members. oh and the deal clincher on the a2 was helped by the fact a forum sticker was present on one of the windows:D

Hello all, been a back seat guest for months now reading your posts and finally made my mind up to get out there and join the club, purchase made and now my introduction to this site, opted for the tdi version after nearly 4 years owning a 1.8 petrol bmw and constantly trying to achieve high mpg's with the fuel computer (33 door to door, 44 motorway) not bad imo, yes I'm on first name terms with craig at the local bp garage:). look forward to getting good advice and tips from other members. oh and the deal clincher on the a2 was helped by the fact a forum sticker was present on one of the windows:D

Welcome to a great car and a great forum.

We are all friendly and helpful here so fire away whenever you are ready or need anything.

Nice title for the thread, it took me a little bit to get it (slow burner!)

Steve B

thanks steve, sent you a pm not sure if you received or not, I've kept a close eye on your posts over the months, love your passion.

Welcome along. I too came from a BMW, a 2.5 six cyl auto... This is my first diesel ever. Love the thing so far. I'm constantly battling to get 60 MPG using the car for commuting (8 miles tops) and for short trips for business too. Over a tank I'm averaging around 58-59 MPG. (The BMW was returning 25-28)

Stick around this is a great club, for a great car.

John

cheers, first impressions I'm very impressed, hard to let the bmw go as its been a pleasure to own and trouble free, but I now no what the a2 bug is all about having got my hands on one, spec isn't far of yours I'm missing cruise control but have the open rather than broken. will start a new thread and try and find out who's had this car as I'm unsure if it's had a remap as it's seems to have some power for such a little engine.

Tyne and Wear - not many of us up this neck of the woods it has to be said. Don't have an A2 anymore but got to know them fairly well when I did, shout up if you need a hand with anything (fault scans etc).

Cheers

cheers, first impressions I'm very impressed, hard to let the bmw go as its been a pleasure to own and trouble free, but I now no what the a2 bug is all about having got my hands on one, spec isn't far of yours I'm missing cruise control but have the open rather than broken. will start a new thread and try and find out who's had this car as I'm unsure if it's had a remap as it's seems to have some power for such a little engine.

Hi Chris,

I know what you mean, the wife's tdi seems so quick that I was starting to think that it might have been remapped, but then I forgot it was a one lady owner, so that is unlikely (not impossible though). It just seems too quick, but that is the torque of these great little diesels.

Steve B

DSC00562_mini.jpgwill try and put a picture up of a sticker on the back window pistons in union jacks, not sure but possibly a performance garage sticker can't find anything on google maybes just a go faster sticker, tinker with vespas in summer and malossi always put stickers in there products giving you the choice to use or not so got me thinking, but you could be right steve after being petrol for 4 years you forget the torque the diesels put out, took a while to get the driving style back, owned a 2 litre tdi previous to the bmw and the audi seems similar in torque but I guess that's down to the light weight of the aluminium frame and aero dynamics ect and the fact I was carrying a water tank in the berlingo :p

Last edited:
Back