Google Docs & Spreadsheets

I approximated my average mpg today at around the 52 mark, which seems a bit low.. I might take a closer look at this next week :)

Ian

One week, 434 miles and 32 litres of fuel later I now have accurate figures to calculate my MPG.

For the week 61.7 MPG - that's more like it :D

Thank you Werner.

I will watch your spreadsheet with interest.

Any Petrolheads want to join in? Any 1.2 TDi or TDi 90 owners interested?

John.

How are your spreadsheet skills Steve? Care to put on record your fuel consumption over the next few weeks / months / years. If you buy your fuel from Tescos or Sainsburys, ask for a receipt and write on it the number of miles reached. This gives you all the information you need to monitor your fuel usage.

Anyone know how to make available a Google spreadsheet that is set up for this purpose?

Anyone else care to join in? It only takes a minute or two...

John.

Alan, you have to publish it and then post the link. The link you now posted is of the spreadsheet itself, to which we don't have access, of course.

Poor_John said:
How are your spreadsheet skills Steve? Care to put on record your fuel consumption over the next few weeks / months / years. If you buy your fuel from Tescos or Sainsburys, ask for a receipt and write on it the number of miles reached. This gives you all the information you need to monitor your fuel usage.

Anyone know how to make available a Google spreadsheet that is set up for this purpose?

Anyone else care to join in? It only takes a minute or two...

John.

I'll see if I can knock something up.

Steve

That would be great Steve,

If it helps, you can create your spreadsheet in Excel and then import it into Google Spreadsheets.

Still need more petrolheads...

John.

Too depressed to publish my 1.4 TDI (75bhp) figures. I don't get much less from my 150bhp Octavia Estate Petrol Turbo - still trying to figure out why!!!

Mike

Ex A2 owner, now experiencing withdrawal symptoms

Hi, Can I join in on this, I dont have an Audi A2 anymore as it had to go to make way for a company car. I would be happy to share my experiences as it has been my most reliable car ever.

I have nearly 83000 miles of fuel consumption figures all on Excel spreadsheet as I was always trying to acheive more and more. I have had between 48 and 78 MPG but my average across the whole 83k is 62 mpg.

I have some hints and tips that may help you all improve your MPG figures and obviously the spreadsheet. If anyone wants the tips or the spreadsheet let me know.

Ex-owner of
Audi A2 1.4 TDI SE 75, Climate, Metallic, Symphony, DIS, Grey Nappa Leather, Heated front Seats, Sport Seats Purchased March 2001 and sold December 2006.

Hello Jeetesh,

The more, the merrier, as far as I'm concerned. It is what WEB2.0 is all about.

Bring it on...

John.

Last edited:
mjs4x4 said:
Too depressed to publish my 1.4 TDI (75bhp) figures. I don't get much less from my 150bhp Octavia Estate Petrol Turbo - still trying to figure out why!!!

Hello Mike,

The point of this thread is to find out what is normal, not to win prizes for being the most economical. Normal for me is anywhere between 30 and 70something. Perhaps I need to offer a prize for the owner who publishes the worst and best fuel consumption in 2007??? I might stretch to a nice bottle of Cava.:)

John.

Yes John - I know what you are saying - my comment was tongue in cheek.

I am still trying to find a suspension / tyre combination that actually makes my Sport feel like I want to get in and drive it and an A2 fuel consumption that makes me think of a reason to leave the Octavia Turbo at home.

To be honest - at the moment I am struggling on both counts - and the A2 is relegated to the school run!

Mike

Update for the last week:
384.8 miles, 28 litres of fuel used, giving: 62.5MPG - I think that might be my personal record that I'll struggle to beat now I've just had it remapped :rolleyes:

Back