Got my A2 last week.

Welcome to a great forum and congratulations on buying a great car too.

I am sure that you will find us a friendly (and occasionally crazy) bunch of people!!

Look forward to hearing more about your car.

Remember to ask if you need help, advice, tips or money (well perhaps not money!)

Steve B

Welcome! Beautiful backdrop to your A2 portrait, very nice!
Tell us more about your car, I've not seen those wheels before?

So more details...

It is a 2001 1.4L Petrol with 130,000KM and steel Wheels with Audi hubcaps. Drives great. I even had it up to 185kph on the Autobahn the other day.
The hubcaps are in pretty bad shape despite what the photo depicts and I will be either replacing them or looking for some original alloys

Right now I'm doing cleanup and repair. The paint has small scratches here and there that I'm working on cleaning up.
I just changed the shifter boot and did the plugs. I'm going to do the air, cabin and fuel filters in the next coming weeks.
It's missing the undertray which I'm debating whether to replace or not.
It has just the Chorus 2 radio which I plan on adding an SD/USB/AUX device eventually.

The undertray has been debated a few times and the position seems to be that it needs to be replaced as it's vital for the rigidity of the wings and wheel arches. They must've been flapping about on your autobahn cruise.

Welcome to A2OC.

Yes, fascinating wheels! Definitely not seen before in the U.K. (Well, not by myself, anyway) What size wheels are they? I have now got a choice of three different sets of 15" alloys! 5, 6, and now 12-spoke!

David

Yes, fascinating wheels! Definitely not seen before in the U.K. (Well, not by myself, anyway) What size wheels are they? I have now got a choice of three different sets of 15" alloys! 5, 6, and now 12-spoke!

This spec was never available in the UK aside from a smattering of early imports. The black door handles and mirrors are the giveaway. Agree with others comments, great photo and lovely backdrop.

This spec has steel wheels and wheel trims, so they aren't alloys unless I'm very much mistaken. You can see a wee break in the rear wheel circumference, so fairly sure this is a cover.

Last edited:
And those wheels look very narrow, possibly even 155s or similar!

Great for economy and grip in the winter.

Steve B

The undertray has been debated a few times and the position seems to be that it needs to be replaced as it's vital for the rigidity of the wings and wheel arches. They must've been flapping about on your autobahn cruise.

I didn't hear anything but it is quite possible. I guess I'll get on acquiring the the bits and pieces.
Also the photo is in Austria for those wondering near Walchsee.

Back