Group Buy of Milltek Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jon.od

Just spoken to John at AMD regarding the milltek exhaust for the A2, on the 1.4 TDI it releases a further 5-7BHP which is nearly 10% more power based on the 7 bhp figure.

The Cost of the exhaust is 236.30+vat (Supply Only) but there will be a group purchase discount obviously the more units we buy the more discount we will attract.

I Gave Milltek a quick call to find out some more specifics the exhaust remains hidden and there is only a slight increase in audible noise from the system. it is a Cat back system that was developed with audi dealers, (NOT</u> a warranty recognised upgrade).

I am intending to buy on of these in the near future if any body elses is interested let me know and we can drive the cost down a little.

Regards Jon

Hi Jon,

Are you after more power? Yours is already a little pocket rocket. I was well impressed after the spin in the car park on Saturday. You've got a lot of people interested in chipping their TDi's.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I`m on commission you Know !

Thought i might give it a bash see what difference it makes, saturday has reignited my passion for changing things i was seriously thinking about chopping the A2 for something a bit quicker but the associated costs are to good to pass up (MPG, Insurance, Servicing etc). Just going to see how far i can with this one untill i get bored!

jon.od
If you do get bored and want to get something else let me know if you want to sell your wheels+tyres
They were nice

cheers;)

A.D.Simmons

When i was thinking about it i was informed i would recieve a 15% Loading to the policy, But i decided against getting it chipped if know what i mean!

sorry stuart didn`t mean to step on your toes with the group discount thing. Don`t we get a standard discount from them any way?

I had the Milltek exhaust system fitted to my car (I won it in an A2OC competition) around the start of the year @ about 10k miles. I would say that there is absolutely no change in appearance and subjectively I'd say the same about noise - I couldn't tell the difference. When it comes to power it's harder to say. The dyno said 83.4hp and 156.2lbft after tuning which is a good increase over stock. However, what I didn't have was the pre-install dyno run so can't say what it was running at. Driving along it felt nippier but did I just want to feel that?

What really made the difference was having the AMD chip added. That hiked power to 98.9hp and torque to 188lbft. Bearing in mind that that is more torque than a TT180 or Leon 20VT you can see the potential for embarrassing people - Vectra V6s are the most fun. Peak torque comes at 2562rpm - coincidentally almost exactly 70mph in fifth. The power delivery isn't the smoothest but it's certainly fun and has been 100% reliable.

One unexpected bonus has been servicing. The variable service indication for my car suggests first service due at 31,500 miles! It's going in at 30k as per max allowable. I think that this phenomenen may be due to the fact that you need use max throttle far less often than in original spec which is something factored into the calcs (somehow) by the service indicator. It may also be due to a lot of motorway miles and cruise control (also AMD fitted). That has also helped the mpg (risen since chipping) so I now get a 60+ average.

It may not be the cheapest package but I've been happy.

I am at that stage where I am curious as to what else can be done.

There is some differences between the various chips around and it would be interesting to drive some of the other chipped cars.

I can not help but wonder what an extra 7bhp and a increase in torque will mean for those cars like mine that already have a high torque figure of about 258Nm and a 112bhp.

I could be tempted though so consider me as a possible customer.

efmax,

i think wetterauer do something "better"; one of the guys on the german board boasts of 115.8bhp and 290Nm... but apparently the gearbox is only set up to accept 240Nm.....

Bret

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
2002, Petrol 1.4, 17", sports suspension, OpenSky, leather / alcantara in iceblue
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back