Handbrake cables disc brakes NLA - aftermarket suggestions?

cheechy

A2OC Donor
So Crewe Audi have confirmed that handbrake cables are NLA.

Any suggestion on good aftermarket alternatives?

.....or car parts in motion on ebay.

Thanks - guess Im just trying to judge what people have maybe used and what fits well. May have to just take a punt.

hi I've used firstline to very good effect, excellent quality. p/n FKB3316 left and FKB3314 right side

Ok just scouring ebay for first line - one side is fine but for some reason every hit I get on part number ending 721D only mentions the 1.6Fsi.

I'm assuming thats fine for the ATL / TDI90 or is there another part number for that?

just had a look plenty available, you must search firstline FKB3316 or FKB3314 on google first ,hope its some help

just had a look plenty available, you must search firstline FKB3316 or FKB3314 on google first ,hope its some help

Good shout on this - looks like the 1.6 and TDI90 have slightly different part numbers (E versus D) and as such I need to assume they are slightly different lengths. Might need to go for B&B on one side rather than firstline due to stock levels.

Yup going partsinmotion so I can get this week - i can get firstline from another supplier but not until midweek next week. I'll gamble on the bork and beck on the left side which looks to be the troublesome side.

Good shout on this - looks like the 1.6 and TDI90 have slightly different part numbers (E versus D) and as such I need to assume they are slightly different lengths. Might need to go for B&B on one side rather than firstline due to stock levels.
I would really try and use the same brand on both sides if at all possible

@cheechy

I do hope you learned your part numbers from Crewe Audi. It can be a bit of a mine field, just read the first sentence of this 'How To' guide which may be of help...

Andy

@cheechy

I do hope you learned your part numbers from Crewe Audi. It can be a bit of a mine field, just read the first sentence of this 'How To' guide which may be of help...

Andy

Thanks Andy yes I have - guide tube now £58 so I'm checking I need it - I've a feeling I do but making sure given the price :)

I'm also now looking for handbrake cable Guide tube section that connects to the handbrake lever having snapped mine the other day.

Audi say no longer available. The above websites only seem to show the handbrake sections that connect to each rear wheel not the Guide tube section.

Any ideas folks?

I'm also now looking for handbrake cable Guide tube section that connects to the handbrake lever having snapped mine the other day.

Audi say no longer available. The above websites only seem to show the handbrake sections that connect to each rear wheel not the Guide tube section.

Any ideas folk
Are they sided?
Third character usually 1 or 2 for left or RHD

Failing that replacement of a fabricated cable if the sleeving is in good condition

Are they sided?
Third character usually 1 or 2 for left or RHD

Failing that replacement of a fabricated cable if the sleeving is in good condition
I believe the part no. I require is 8Z0711951C

I purchased a pair of cables from parts In motion on eBay both sides same part number FKB3314, the original ones have different part numbers for each side but when I compared them to original Audi ones difference was no more than a couple on millimetres, the new ones fitted fine

Back