Happy Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit lewis

I should like to announce the arrival of the latest member of my family, and perhaps the newest addition to the forum. At 1500 this afternoon after a long delivery and many anxious moments we were delivered the keys to our new A2. She's absolutely lovely and the red leather matches her fathers eyes.

I thought it would be fitting to announce this new arrival on the day the forum got back into business - serendipity or what.

No more time to talk - must drive - and it's snowing too!

Take care

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Hurrah. Congratulations and I hope the grin lasts a good long time.

Do post some pics when you get a moment.

Best regards,
viffer

The courtesy car I had today was dolphin grey and I wish id picked it instead of azure blue

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

yukk azure blue is a bad colour, crystal blue is beautiful though, would'nt mind having one of the cars seen on the new page http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/index1.htm the black one is nice but the orange one has a certain appeal too.

I personally have given up my fight with my A2 (silver) i have come to accept its crap and dont plan on buying any more in future of such an old reg (X reg), personally i am looking for an SUV for my next car, TVR just isnt safe, has no safety features or driving aids, i need me a Porsche Cayenne mmmmmmmm.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

1.4TDiSE 2002, Biege interior, Brilliant Black, Concert II.

Hi Kit,

Great news. Bet your glad you went for the red leather!

Enjoy

Kaine

A2 1.4Tdi SE | black | red leather | Concert | Open Sky | A2OC Stickers x2

quote:
i need me a Porsche Cayenne mmmmmmmm.
I drove one of those on Saturday... drove fine on the Autobahn (it was amazing to go 230kph in an SUV..:), but I like the looks of the VW better. The fuel consumption was horrible, though (25 ltr/100km)...:)

Bye, Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

yes thanks Factor!!!! Whats bloody wrong with azure blue?

Proud father type photo's to follow once we have a sunny day so you can see what a stunner she is!

Very happy so far!

Kit

Congradulation Kit!! Enjoy ur new car, but remember not to get to overly exicted and crash it within the first days of having it!! Happend to other people before!! ;)

A2 1.4TDI Silver, CC, Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70, still fairly standard :(

quote:Originally posted by frido

I drove one of those on Saturday... drove fine on the Autobahn (it was amazing to go 230kph in an SUV..:), but I like the looks of the VW better. The fuel consumption was horrible, though (25 ltr/100km)...:)

Bye, Frido.

Yeah i read an article about how poor its fuel returns are, however your driving a porsche if your likely to buy one of those u must have the money to be able to support it so therefore full does not worry the enthusiast, i saw the touregan from VW of however u spell it, its nice but lacks the look, looks to much like a retarded polo '00's front and a golf's back, just dont work that well for looks, but the equiptment and ride are supose to be amazing, rides better than the porsche but equiptment wise are rthe same, they were built at same time in same factory u see, but if u buying something with a porsche badge on it u are buying for speed as well as equipment and grace, and i think the cayenne pulls it off nicely.

quote:Originally posted by Mal2002

cheers factor :(
quote:Originally posted by smartie

yes thanks Factor!!!! Whats bloody wrong with azure blue?

[:eek:)]
Oh where to begin its just the wrong colour for an A2, it reflects light wrong, it looks terrible in the dark (comparible with black, however black looks amazing in the day), its just too solid a colour it does nto suit the retro look of the car, perhaps if it had a pearl effect it would look better but, what to do, you could tint the windows a bit more add more contrast to the car making it look better but i fear its a lost cause and a bit tooo pricy, I think that crystal blue is the bestr colour it has a hint of silver look to it but also a very very pale blue adding to the retro look of an A2. next best thing to having a nice shiny silver (plain silver is just dull in the day light no replectivity, but at the night is when it shows its true colours), crystal blue does it good in both lights, its almost like having a very faint pearl effect, its lovely.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

quote:The fuel consumption was horrible, though (25 ltr/100km)...:)
Thats about 11mpg! Would be fun to sit next to one in a traffic jam and talk consumtion!

I think Dolphin Grey is one of the nicest colours for an A2. They don't seem to have a blue that I really like (too dark or too light). Black can look good, but I'm not keen personally.

Great to hear of your great arrival Kit!

suposedly its bad consumtion is limited to 19mpg, and thats drivng it in sports mode, if u switch to comfort mode u get in the low 20's

the colour of azure blue is pearl!?!

2002 1.6 FSI Azure Blue DIS Blue Interior

Congratulations.
What is this fascination with RED leather? Very retro.

icon_smile_cool.gif

quote:Originally posted by smartie

the colour of azure blue is pearl!?!

Huh? I didnt say that, cmon m8 wake up and join the rest of us.

I ain't no moderator, but lets keep the thread to the original topic eh guys.

Kit : How has today been? Any niggles?

Kaine

A2 1.4Tdi SE | black | red leather | Concert | Open Sky | A2OC Stickers x2

Thanks Kaine - today has been good but I'm still getting to know her and she's a bit tight if you know what I mean. ;) So far I'm impressed with the build quality but there is a small hiss from one of the speakers in the back even when the ICE is turned off. I thought it was one of the famous seat creaks but after a few minutes crawling round and opening doors and sticking my head into footwells I have traced the sound. Apart from the hiss the place is as quiet as anything I've ever driven. Motor is a bit noisy though - but I'm still prepared to accept that if it provides the other FSi benefits. It's way too early to say what the MPG will be - it's still climbing and it's up to 34.5 mpg but I havent even done a quarter tank yet!

At the moment I'm on nights so haven't really had a chance to put many miles on her - but I'm off at the weekend and weather permitting will try to get to know her better. 9500 miles to service so I think I need to put some miles on her soon. The leather is absolutely brilliant. In the dark mornings, when I click on the remote and the inside lights up the first thing you see is all the red leather....it looks so classy I don't know why you all didn't opt for it.

By the way - my letter of pointers prior to buying her did bring fruit - she was imaculately presented and I was handed a copy of the official Audi line on foggy headlamps. It's a two page effort which lists in great detail all the problems that might cause headlights to fog up. If anyone is interested I will copy it and could post it her if there is sufficient interest. Just don't park anywhere near a tree.

Take Care out there

Kit

Nice to see a happy A2 owner Kit-enjoy the thing-it cost you enough at the end of the day!.

And yes, let's not start having any "handbags at ten paces" lads, or I shall bring my pink A2 to the social and make you all pose for pictures in it.....to be posted on the A2OC of course!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back