Hard Touch Electric Windiw Switch and Centrsl Locking Button Part Numbers

J3FVW

I'm a bit confused about the part numbers for hard touch electric window switches and the drivers central locking button.

From Partsbase I obtained the numbers for satin black items (I'm guessing these are the hard touch versions) but when I quoted them to the Audi dealer they said those part numbers have been superseded by those suffixed with 5PR rather than B98.

Ideally I don't want to buy new soft touch (5PR) switches as I'm concerned about them wearing again so I'm resorting to sourcing good condition hard touch versions from eBay. When I've looked I'm finding parts with numbers ending B5PR - are these hard touch versions in Soul Black colour scheme or am I totally wide of the mark?

Could somebody give me definitive part numbers for the hard touch switches that I need to source as I'm a bit stuck!

You are right Jeff - the soul blacks are 8Z0959851F 5PR and the satins are 8Z0959851A B98.
https://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-a2-a2-eu-2001-95900-switch-in-door-trim/
It could well be that dealers can no longer get hold of the Satin (hard touch) switches and only the soft touches are available to order. I would give them a ring back and ask if you can still buy them.
One other issue to consider is the look of your interior - its a personal choice but ive seen satin (hard touch) mixed with soul black (soft touch) trim and in my opinion there is a clash but the choice is up to you.

ta
Dave
:)

And look how long the soft touch has lasted anyway, probably for at least 5 years before it started showing signs of wear? It doesn't come off quickly at all (or Audi would have had to do a recall or something) So soft touch should be fine for ages.

Steve B

Looks like I've got no choice but to get the soft touch then! I've got hard touch buttons on the climate I'm fitting this weekend which is a shame as the soft touch temp and off buttons were letting the show down :( Only temporary though until some better ones come my way :)

I hope Tom won,t mind me mentioning this but if and when you travel up to Lancaster he has what i would describe as a sweety jar full of climate control switches in various guises which could help. :)

Last edited:
Back