Has anyone tried the KW Varient 1 set up.

I am considering fitting FSD's to my TDi Sport (keeping the standard springs and 17" wheels).

But poking around the net I have found that KW to a spring and damper set up that is a bit more expensive. But I have a potential contact and may be able to get them cheaper.

Has anybody any experience of the KW's?

BTW, I'm really interested in a better ride over rough roads than anything else. The GF has a bad neck and gets migraines after about half an hour on a country road!

I am considering fitting FSD's to my TDi Sport (keeping the standard springs and 17" wheels).

But poking around the net I have found that KW to a spring and damper set up that is a bit more expensive. But I have a potential contact and may be able to get them cheaper.

Has anybody any experience of the KW's?

BTW, I'm really interested in a better ride over rough roads than anything else. The GF has a bad neck and gets migraines after about half an hour on a country road!

Hi,

if it is ride comfort you're mainly after, then you ought to buy Koni FSD shocks.

You may already know that the FSDs can be used with lowering springs up to 35 mm, preferably w/ WEITEC or ABT sport springs. Sadly the FSD tend to raise the front about 10 to 15 mm :( which should be compensated for better looks.

However, if you also want more than true 35 mm of lowering you should go the quality coilover route or alternatively this kit for instance (ABT springs being modified at the front + Bilstein B8), pics:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=73390#post73390

More coilover info can be found through the link posted by Spike. :)

Back