Chat Has Bluechip spares gone on holiday to Denmark?

Also punting A2 parts from a Gumtree Ad located in London...

Theres more chance of winning the lottery than them selling any of their stock!

For ammusement read this response to me recently:

Hey, just a heads up if you was one of the 85 dreamers watching the towbar, its been sold (chap in switzerland), but dont worry we are CONSTANTLY on the look out for the highest spec lowest mileage A2's to rip apart so we will surely have another!!!

cheers

p.s. www.bluechipspares.co.uk for all your A2 parts posting worldwide to our growing international clientele who always paymore!!!!

What a tool I would never want in my box - if that is what people are paying overseas it will kill costs for us!

Danish prices for A2s are almost as high as here. Mine's probably still worth around €6500 on the open market (2002, 170000km, OSS, 1.4 petrol). So the prices don't surprise me personally at all.

Try bildelsbasen.se or callparts.de to see how low UK parts prices are in comparison to the rest of Europe.

- Bret

I like winding blue chip spares up, we should all just keep messaging him making a really low offer for an a2 part ( with no intention of buying it) he really doesn't like it :)

Danish prices for A2s are almost as high as here. Mine's probably still worth around €6500 on the open market (2002, 170000km, OSS, 1.4 petrol). So the prices don't surprise me personally at all.

Try bildelsbasen.se or callparts.de to see how low UK parts prices are in comparison to the rest of Europe.

- Bret

Hence why almost all A2's on copart seem to go to European bidders then

For ammusement read this response to me recently:

Hey, just a heads up if you was one of the 85 dreamers watching the towbar, its been sold (chap in switzerland), but dont worry we are CONSTANTLY on the look out for the highest spec lowest mileage A2's to rip apart so we will surely have another!!!

cheers

p.s. www.bluechipspares.co.uk for all your A2 parts posting worldwide to our growing international clientele who always paymore!!!!

What a tool I would never want in my box - if that is what people are paying overseas it will kill costs for us!

That response is sickening. He is clearly aware that he has upset A2OC members and what we stand for.

A response for a price on a OpenSky blind... £180 LOL ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438895978.037705.jpg

He's selling a standard side skirt for £88!!!! I think I paid not much more than £40 for mine brand new from the dealer!!!

Let's just create a flame room and make bluechip an honorary partner so he can capitalise on all the free publicity and A2 enthusiasts can have fun poking him into predictable rudeness.

I'll pay for his donation so we can all have hours of fun criticising his prices and shaking our heads at the scathing responses.

:rolleyes::p

I'm being sarcastic lest anyone thinks I'm even more of a curmudgeonly grump than usual. Seriously though - the best strategy with this guy has to be 'don't feed the trolls'

Let's just create a flame room and make bluechip an honorary partner so he can capitalise on all the free publicity and A2 enthusiasts can have fun poking him into predictable rudeness.

I'll pay for his donation so we can all have hours of fun criticising his prices and shaking our heads at the scathing responses.

:rolleyes::p

I'm being sarcastic lest anyone thinks I'm even more of a curmudgeonly grump than usual. Seriously though - the best strategy with this guy has to be 'don't feed the trolls'
Hi Murdo

i can see what you are saying but I can't see how this can ever result in him getting any more sales? (I.e. Feeding the Troll).

I I find it so strange how he operates and it is more of an amusement rather than anything else, perhaps we should limit our posts on the subject to the "laughter lounge".

This is otger guy in Denmark is obviously on a different planet with some of his prices. Such as the prices for the secondhand master cylinders etc.

if if these guys were just dear I wouldn't comment. But when I see an advert for an engine that has covered 150k miles and he is asking for £1,700 fir it, you have to surely admit that this merits a comment.

It it is also good to see that we don't always agree with each other!! It is quite refreshing actually !!!

steve B
;)

Yes, we will need to agree to disagree. People are free to discuss any manner of subject on these pages however i find the whole cream2cream/blue chip matter highly distasteful and I stand by the assertion that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Unless this man is independently wealthy he has a market for his goods. It's not only A2 parts that are priced ambitiously - it's a blanket policy.

Sure - I suspect there's a malicious kick being had regarding the barbed comments about carving up high specification cars by choice - but threads such as these serve to feed the beast.

Anyone asking advice on price of a part or searching on the name of the firm within these pages will find plenty of warning about general manner of the message responses from the business and warning to think twice about trading with the company.

It's not my place to censor the references to this fella - but it's my right to offer an opinion that it serves us no good to perpetuate such discussion.

I've visions of a refreshed manic A2 murderer now scouring the earth for good examples to put an end to.

Where's Dexter?

Last edited:
I have no issue with someone that advertises items for silly prices, especially if they sell for more than what you can get new ones for if there is a market for it. Ebay has provided the sofa shoppers with a lazy way of shopping. Its only as most on this forum are in tune with the cars and what real costs are for new parts.

Take my other Audi that has a 3.0TDI engine that needs the swirl flap arms changing, you can buy new from audi for approx £10 per side and yet on ebay they are £16 plus and selling!

Audi don't actively sell these parts though and some dealers claim you can't fix and will gladly sell someone new manifolds and flaps with motors for £1500 plus! Crazy? Not if people will pay but then there is the argument of misplaced / abused trust in a main dealer! You can buy refurb kits for less than £200 if the actual flaps and bushes are worn.

What I take real offence too is his arrogant attitude, in this day and age I can't see how a business can operate in that way no matter what the price is.

What I take real offence too is his arrogant attitude, in this day and age I can't see how a business can operate in that way no matter what the price is.

Couldn't agree more. Fair comment too about eBay and other online shopping being a breeding ground for lazy customers overpaying for the convenience factor. Hadn't thought of that.

I have also noticed the price policy from this Danish seller, as he is also advertising en Ebay.de and locally in DK. And being from Denmark I can tell that even by our standards, his prices are way over the top. Roughly about twice of other second hand parts seller charge.

I am looking for a JDD gearbox of which he has a couple for sale, so I think I'm gonna email him and ask for a more realistic price and see what he says..?!?

Alex.

Back