Hazard light switch

sco

A2OC Donor
Wondering how easy the hazard light switch is to remove? There's nothing wrong with it apart from I find the illumination at night is too bright so I'm thinking of modding it somehow.

Cheers,

Simon.

Youl need a set of radio keys to remove the radio , then at the top of the hole where the radio comes out youl see a screw either side which was hidden by the radio front facia, undo these and the whole heater duct unit comes out, the hazzard switch is clipped in from the back.

Gary

It is if the radio comes out, probally well under 5mins, my double din one was stuck solid on one side and took a good 20mins to release as you have 4 radio keys and one of them just wouldnt release the holding clip...
Basically....push the radio keys in till you feel them click very slightly then move them all outwards, left ones towards the passenger door and right side ones, top n bottom towards the drivers door and they push the holding clips in, which are hidden behind the radio, then pull out the radio while keeping the outward presure on... Thers probally a nack to doing it but i got there in the end..

Goodluck

Thanks again! Might try some translucent tape across the front first - don't have the radio code so bit worried about removing it.

Simon.

unsure if it applies to all radios , but my double din synphony keeps its code if unplugged or batterys removed, unsure why or how, but did read something about the cccu storing the radio code, but dont hold me to that .

Gary

Would it be easier for Simon to have someone hold the radio away from the console once it comes out of its slot Gary. Theres a bit of give on the wiring and i think the centre vent screws would still be accessible but i could be wrong ?. Once the vents are removed the radio could then be slotted temporarily back in without having to disconnect the wiring.

Ta
Dave
:)

ok just say I did take the radio out etc - how easy is the switch itself to dismantle and either put a lower wattage bulb in or occlude the light somehow?

Simon.

unsure if it applies to all radios , but my double din synphony keeps its code if unplugged or batterys removed, unsure why or how, but did read something about the cccu storing the radio code, but dont hold me to that .

Gary

On the later cars (post 2003 I believe, the radio code is stored and even if you disconnect the battery you don't need the code when it is reconnected, the system recognises the radio as being the one matched to the car.

But you should not need to disconnect it, as long as it is supported correctly.

Steve B

ok just say I did take the radio out etc - how easy is the switch itself to dismantle and either put a lower wattage bulb in or occlude the light somehow?

Simon.

Removing the hazard switch from the centre vent is easy but i've never tried ttaking it apart. I've got one here if you do get heavy handed and break yours :)

it's an LED, like all the others, and it may be possible to get to it, but I doubt it... possible there's an in-line resistor you could increase, too, but red LEDs tend to run well on minimal current.

- Bret

Back