Head gasket??

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
Started my A2 petrol this morning after about 5 months just sitting there, battery was flat so got the jump leads out and all was ok. Took it for a spin to realise a trail of water coming from the exhaust and coolant reservoir empty, the blowers in the car doesn't produce any warm air. I am I right in guessing that head gasket has gone :-(

Not necessarily. The water from the exhaust is likely to be the condensation that has built up over the last 6 months of it standing. Check the coolant pipes for leaks, it may just be a perished pipe.

It may be that one of the water hoses has become brittle and developed a leak ?. One of the ways in which you can check for head gasket failure is to check the dipstick. If the oil is contaminated with water then its a good pointer.

It may be that one of the water hoses has become brittle and developed a leak ?. One of the ways in which you can check for head gasket failure is to check the dipstick. If the oil is contaminated with water then its a good pointer.

I think one of the pipes is leaking. Checked the oil and seems more transparent than normal. When I first drove it after 6 months of not starting I noticed a trail of liquid on the road which I presumed was from the exhaust, seemed to be alot of liquid to be condensation. Knowing my luck it will be head gasket. What is the price of replacing the head gasket?

I think one of the pipes is leaking. Checked the oil and seems more transparent than normal. When I first drove it after 6 months of not starting I noticed a trail of liquid on the road which I presumed was from the exhaust, seemed to be alot of liquid to be condensation. Knowing my luck it will be head gasket. What is the price of replacing the head gasket?

A leaky pipe wouldn't allow water to mix with the oil. Of there is water in the oil then this is very likely to be the headgasket. If you are only asking £1000 for the car then it would be a false economy to pay a garage to do the headgasket. You would be better off selling it as a going concern to someone who can do the work themselves.

Back